• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick detailer vs. rinseless wash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick detailer vs. rinseless wash

I was wondering how a quick detailer compared to a rinshless wash (like ONR or QEW). Can a quick detailer be used in the same way a rinseless wash is used? Another way of phrasing the question: Can quick detailer solution be used as a substitue for a rinseless wash product? Thanks!

Re: Quick detailer vs. rinseless wash

Kind of, depends upon which "Rinseless Wash" you're comparing to.

Some Rinseless washes require a bucket of water that you actually draw water from to rinse the vehicle, but it's called "Rinseless" because you're not using a hose to rinse water off the vehicle using an endless supply of water.

Some Rinseless washes are basically quick detailers, where you're misting on a liquid that will lubricate and dissolve dirt.

Our Meguiar's Quik Detailer is like the latter, that is it can be used like a Rinseless wash. Just remember there is a limit to how much dirt can be on the surface that you can wipe with a mist and wipe type product, (Quick Detailer is a "Mist and Wipe" product), before you risk instilling scratches into the paint.

This would be true for our products or any companies products as no company has a "Miracle" product that will allow you to somehow push dirt against paint without suffering the consequences no matter what their label states.

How's that?
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I was wondering if you could use quick detailer as a substitute for ONR or QEW in the sense that you would actually use the method of rinseless washing with the bucket but instead of putting some ONR or QEW in the bucket you would put quick detailer in, then wash the car with a wash mitt and draw water from the bucket. I hope that made sense!!

Comment

That made sense, I would think it would be kind of expensive however...

This product isn't meant or intended to do this so we don't want to post on this public for anything that would make people think that is a Meguiar's recommended procedure for washing a car, at the same time we understand that sometimes people don't have a lot of options for working on their car and in these cases sometimes you have to be creative.

So if you give this a try, then take some pictures and post back here how it turns out.
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

I wasn't planning on trying it anytime soon, I was just being curious. If I try this sometime I'll let ya know how it goes!!

Comment

I gotta say i swear by ONR now..but i dont think i would try adding q/d as a no rinse.
            RZ AutoDetailing

My Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by RZ Autodetailing View Post
              I gotta say i swear by ONR now..but i dont think i would try adding q/d as a no rinse.
              OK, I checked the sticky acronym thread and came up empty - ONR is what?

Comment

Originally posted by avwh View Post
                OK, I checked the sticky acronym thread and came up empty - ONR is what?
                A non-Meguiar's product made by another company.
                Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');