• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

paste cleaner wax users, do you wash hand applicator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paste cleaner wax users, do you wash hand applicator?

Paste cleaner wax users, after waxing your car by hand, what do you do for your applicator?

Wash with strong detergent or an all purpose cleaner, rinse, and dry?

Just put it into washing machine?

Brush it with a toothbrush?
    Dry it and then brush it with a tooth brush?

Just store it, and then use it again next time?

Re: paste cleaner wax users, do you wash hand applicator?

I spray mine down with some APC+ and let it sit for a few mins. Then I place them in a bucket of water, then wring them out with a cotton towel.
    You left out licking the water off. Oh, wait a minute, that's my cat, not my car. Uh, I mean my cat licks himself dry. I don't lick my cat dry. Or my car. -PC.

Comment

Well, either paste or liquid, I just toss in a bucket of water + dishsoap.... come back a few hours or the next day later, and rinse them out by hand.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
        Well, either paste or liquid, I just toss in a bucket of water + dishsoap.... come back a few hours or the next day later, and rinse them out by hand.
        I do exactly the same thing, works really well for me the applicator just comes out like new again.

SYDSTER

Comment

I usually just wash them and let them air dry.

Comment

I throw them in the washer with all of my "grunt" towels and then let them air dry. I've put them in the dryer before, and while it doesn't really hurt them, it does make them puff up into a ball of sorts.
            "No man is so foolish but he may sometimes give another good counsel, and no man so wise that he may not easily err if he takes no other counsel than his own. He that is taught only by himself has a fool for a master." --Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

this seems to work excellent for me ....drop them in a covered plastic container with lukewarm water and a tad of Dawn ,shake the container up let soak for 10-15 minutes, followed by a through rinse I make sure to rinse completely and last hang dry

Comment

I throw mine in a small plastic bucket with water and dish soap in it. Close the lid, shake, then leave it. I keep adding applicators as I use them, then after a while I pull them out and rinse. They seem to come out pretty good. (I'm guessing that if you were to leave them for a year or something, you might get mold, but for "little whiles," it's fine.)
                The grass is always greener on the septic field.

Comment

yeah i just wash it and air dry it u dont have to do anything special.
                  - INKO'S

~ What White Tea Taste Like

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');