• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 1997 Camaro (56K warning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1997 Camaro (56K warning)

All in all it took me a total of 8 hours maybe more.

I washed the car, then claybared the car and washed the car again, then polished the car with turtle wax polish, then used meguairs color-x then I used meguairs number 7 glaze, then meguairs gold class wax then meguairs NXT.

I used a foam pad on a buffer to apply the polish then I wipped off with microfibre towel then buffed it in with a terry cloth bonnet. Then applied the colorx with a terry clothe bonnet and wiped off with microfibre then buffed it in with a clean bonnet, then used terrycloth bonnet to apply the glaze then wiped off with microfibre then used a clean bonnet to buff in. Then used a terry cloth bonnet to apply wax then wiped with microfibre then buffed with terry cloth then used terry cloth bonnet to apply nxt and buffed with terry and then rebuffed...
    My car isnt garaged

Chris S.

Looks good man, keep up the good work!

Comment

Nice Job!

Looks great!

Keep it shining!

My Dad said once..."Son...you can never do enough for a good customer!" I Said "Don't worry Dad...I won't"!

Hehehehe

Comment

it looks very nice indeed but did you said:
        then polished the car with turtle wax polish...
        hey man what are you doing

Meguiar's has a lot of substitutes for that

well but that is your decision.. can i make a little comment?

when i look @ the first picture i see a bit of orange peel on the door.. does this car had a repainting?

i hope you don't mind if I post this so pleas no hard feelings

but anyway you did a hell of a job.. my car even is alway parked at the front of my house (i don't have a garage either )

keep up the good work

Comment

Originally posted by Vandelete

when i look @ the first picture i see a bit of orange peel on the door.. does this car had a repainting?

here in the states that GM standard equipment.
          2019 GMC Sierra
          1500 AT4

Comment

Yes Orange Peels is the devil.

I COULD NOT find any kind of Meguairs Polish ANYWHERE! I looked high and low for it. They just dont have that kind of stuff in stock anywhere around here

The car has never been in an accident and has never been repainted...
            My car isnt garaged

Chris S.

Comment

Maybe in the future that you start thinking "it starts irritating me"
              is it an idea to repaint the car just with a new clearcoat?
              and then polish the car to one smooth layer...
              i know it's very expensive to do that ... but it's cheaper to to that then a whole repaint...

but again afterall it looks great

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');