Thread: PlastX splattered all over paint, how do I remove without damaging paint??

Registered Member

PlastX splattered all over paint, how do I remove without damaging paint??

I had a clear bra and tint installed today. When I was there to pick it up, the installer was looking for his bottle of PlastX and realized it was back in the parking lot (where he had taken the car into the sun to look at and polish the clear bra). The bottle had been run over. He looked at the car and said, "guess I was lucky and none got on the car".

When I got home and was unloading, I noticed splatters all over the side, which I thought was residue from what ever he was using to apply the bar and wiped a section off with my finger and it scratched the surface. I tried some Meguiars quick detail, thinking that maybe it was just smeared, but it was definately scratched, so left the rest alone. Later I put two and two together and realized that the splattering must have been from the PlastX. I think what happened was that he ran it over with the back tire, it must have gotten on the tire and then driving home, the tire spun it up over the side of the car. It is on both drivers side doors, rear wheel well and above the doors.

I now have droplets of PlastX all over the side of the car and have no idea how to get it off without scratching the whole side of my wife's Lexus.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Re: PlastX splattered all over paint, how do I remove without damaging paint??

Some Quick Detailer or Nxt Speed Detailer should wipe it right off. Use plenty of spray, and dont rub it in, gently wipe it off.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

If wiping it caused scratches (probably picked up road dust and grime on the way home) I wouldn't use QD to wipe it. Take a hose to it and rinse it off. If it is dried on, the water will eventually remove it. That's what I would do, anyways.
    A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

How about rinsing it off with water then rinse it with really soapy water, use car shampoo off course something like #62 or any shampoo for that matter. That is what I would do.
    SYDSTER

Registered Member

GO back to the installer and show him what he did. If it damages your paint then have him pay for it.

Thread Information