• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Automated Parking!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automated Parking!!!

While paroozing around yahoo I saw an article for an automated parking garage being put in NY City. They have a few up around the world but here is a youtube clip.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Think of this:
    -the maintenance savings
    -the worry free parking (no dents, dings, maneuvering)
    -Vehicle Security, no more car theft from a parking garage.

I am just baffled and so excited to see more of these pop up in busy areas. All the land and area saved is just incredible, think of how much money these people are going to make.

Re: Automated Parking!!!

Dont they already have tons of those in NY, and on the east coast in general?
    Schotography

Comment

I know there are some in Europe, at a Volkswagen production facility I believe.
      -Brad
      Shine Masters Pasadena, CA
      shine-masters.com

Comment

Europe is loaded with them currently. So is China/Japan.

But NY is getting there first one, opening this month. Instead of 12 it will hold like 42 cars or something, pretty neat.

Hoboken, NJ has one but it was older technology and caused a lot of issues. There are a few companies in this now,

SkyPark
        U-Park-It

Comment

Kind of a neat idea long as it works and brings your car back.
          Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
          Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I saw something like that in Japan back in 1986-1987.
            Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

I'm curious as to how much space this saves over traditional parking decks.

Comment

My biggest issues are
                1) you go shopping at a shopping centre, you buy 1 trolley full take it to your car and then head back to the next store to continue shopping. With this system you will have to wait a couple of mins for you car to come down to you so you can place your shopping into the boot then send it back again or carry all of your shopping around the centre with you.

2) peak hour parking, how long does it take to rack a car and return ready for the next car? There will be some very frustrated drivers sitting there waiting for there turn just like peak hour jams on the hiways.

3) Those with 4X4's will have difficulties park their vechiles because there is only just enough clearance for cars let alone something taller.

Gret idea for places other than shopping centres. makes me glad I ride a bike.

Comment

There were plenty parking building use those system in Tokyo back in late 70's and early 80's. Many people broke radio anntenas back then when they pull their cars on to lift. There's no way big SUVs can fit in parking...
                  03 MINI BRG/BLK CVT - SOLD | 08 Black WRX - FAST!

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');