• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the "best" water to use for washing a car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the "best" water to use for washing a car?

Obviously softened so there is no calcium or mag. (also iron) , but I'm wondering if DI water is better for some reason, or any other type of conditioning.

If you have any suggestions, please explain.

Thx.
    It's only weird because it's not normal

www.project-one.us

Re: What is the "best" water to use for washing a car?

The absolute best is DI polished RO water, which is RO water that is passed through single bed DI tanks(two single bed tanks, one anion, the other cation, as opposed to mixed bed tanks).

Next on the list is regular DI water, then RO water, then distilled water, and finally soft water.

Soft water is pretty low because even though it may spot less, the high sodium content attacks the integrity of waxes/sealants, decreasing longevity.
    I want 4" Softbuff pads!

Comment

Hmm...that is the first time I've heard that complaint about soft water, and I've been considering repiping my driveway faucet to soft

Comment

Originally posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
        Hmm...that is the first time I've heard that complaint about soft water, and I've been considering repiping my driveway faucet to soft
        I, luckily have access to regular tap water, soft water, and regular DI water at my home so am able to compare all three. Most people only have one or the other, but I have three outside faucets, the front yard has regular tap water, the driveway faucet has RO, and the back yard faucet can be hooked up to my DI tanks.

Another thing with soft water, is that if you ever choose to get DI tanks, is to run only regular tap or RO water through them only, no soft water. Soft water will go through the resin beds a lot quicker.
        I want 4" Softbuff pads!

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');