• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M85 - Can Be used To Remove Water Spots From Glass?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M85 - Can Be used To Remove Water Spots From Glass?

My question is as above. I understood that most people have successfully used M04 to remove water sports from exterior glass, but sadly it is not available where I am located.

What do you guys think? Btw, will be using a ROB to work the product in as well.
    yep, so little posts, 'cause you guys have have made it easier for me, thanks!

Re: M85 - Can Be used To Remove Water Spots From Glass?

Try it and see what you think. I have used to do so...

However, the reasoning to use #4 is because it features a larger abbrasive that can cut into the water etching easy. (#4 is gritty to the touch where as #85 is fine to the touch).
    Let's make all of the cars shiny!

Comment

Ah, ok.

Originally posted by TH0001 View Post
      Try it and see what you think. I have used to do so...

However, the reasoning to use #4 is because it features a larger abbrasive that can cut into the water etching easy. (#4 is gritty to the touch where as #85 is fine to the touch).

Comment

It was also recomended to use #4 by hand for the windows. So you may try both, esp since windows can have tricky angles.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Sadly, I do not have access to #4 here ( local MG distributor doesn't bring 'em in ). So is #85 a good, safe replacement for #4 for usage on windows ( in the aspect of removing watermarks )?

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
          It was also recomended to use #4 by hand for the windows. So you may try both, esp since windows can have tricky angles.

Comment

Sorry, I actualy meant try applying by hand and by machine to see which works better with the #85.

As far as if it will work.... As Th0001 said, #4 was prefered for a reason. So I would just clay the glass if you can, then give #85 a try. Not going to hurt anything by trying.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Ah, !

Well, anyway #85 is primarily for what purposes?

Comment

Originally posted by poyo View Post
                Ah, !

Formulated to be used for heavy swirl/ sanding marks removal on clear coated cars. #4 would be used on single stage. Least that is how I have understood it.

Comment

Originally posted by poyo View Post
                  Ah, !

Meguiar's history is in making products for car assembly lines and body shops, (not Consumer products, we didn't start this until 1973 and we started in 1901, that means most of our history was making product for what we call the Professional side of the industry, not the Consumer side of the industry).

M85 is primarily for removing sanding marks after wet-sanding in body shops where fresh paint has been sprayed. Detailers also use this product in the reconditioning industry.
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

poyo,
                    I've neveer used M85 but I've used a glass compound by soft99, I got rid of the hae and water spots on the glass better by hand compared to an ROB.

Comment

Glass compund by Soft99? What's the name? Anyway, did the water spots go off forever or only removed temporarily ( as is the water spots return after a heavy rain etc )? I always clay the glass all around my car and the water spots does seem to be gone, but one heavy rain and voila! They return with vengeance!

Originally posted by fishbonezken View Post
                      poyo,
                      I've neveer used M85 but I've used a glass compound by soft99, I got rid of the hae and water spots on the glass better by hand compared to an ROB.

Comment

It's called Glass Compound Z (available in Eneos).
                        I think it completely removes the water spot because it removes a very very very thin layer of glass, same like polishing paint,

after using the glass compound, u'll have to reapply a rain repellant or else water will just cling onto the glass...

but bcareful, some newer cars have windows which already come with a water repelling coating, make sure your's doesn't have one or else it might damage the coating

Comment

I've used m83 on glass with great results. I posted a short write-up here.
                          "No man is so foolish but he may sometimes give another good counsel, and no man so wise that he may not easily err if he takes no other counsel than his own. He that is taught only by himself has a fool for a master." --Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by cornflake_81 View Post
                            I've used m83 on glass with great results. I posted a short write-up here.
                            Great write up there cornflake_81! Really helpful.
                            SYDSTER

Comment

Good write up. Good to know the g100 worked so well. I used #4 with a rotary a while back on a buddy's car that had lived 14 years in Washington by the coast and by hand was just not cutting it.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');