• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBS Rims W/BFGoodrich KDWS 225/50/16 tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBS Rims W/BFGoodrich KDWS 225/50/16 tires

THESE RIMS HAVE SOLD

Hey Everyone,

I am trying to sell a set of 4 BBS rims with 225/50/16 BFG KDWS (key features dry,wet,snow) tires. These will fit on any subaru that has a 5x100 bolt pattern. These are a +55 offset. The tires still have 50% tread life and they where only used for summer on my wrx. Since I no longer have this car the rims are collecting dust. One rim has very minor road rash and I will include pictures. I am asking 500USD plus shipping or best offer. Please PM or Email me if you are interested.

Andrew
    Last edited by onawrxhigh; Mar 8, 2007, 03:38 PM.
    2013 Race Red F-150 SCREW

Re: BBS Rims W/BFGoodrich KDWS 225/50/16 tires

Road rash on the wheel is not so bad and should not prevent you from selling them.

I see you did not use the KDWS tires in the snow. I was going to ask what you thought of their snow performance. But with a WRX any tire will do better than on FWD or RWD. What did you use in the winter? Dedicated snow tires?

I have KDWS and they seem to be inconsistent in the snow. Sometimes they are OK sometimes not OK. On wet slushy snow they don't seem be as good as on ice and packed snow. The Dunlops (Sport 5000) seemed to be better in the snow. Just IMHO. For obvious reasons I try to avoid driving in the snow too much LOL! We don't get enough snow here to justify a winter beater.

RamAirV1
    2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
    2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

For what it's worth, I use Bridgestone Blizzak LM25s on ASA wheels on my 2005 Subaru Legacy GT during the winter. The tires are V rated and well on snow and ice. They are also capable on extended use in dry conditions at freeway speeds.

Comment

Originally posted by STG View Post
        For what it's worth, I use Bridgestone Blizzak LM25s on ASA wheels on my 2005 Subaru Legacy GT during the winter. The tires are V rated and well on snow and ice. They are also capable on extended use in dry conditions at freeway speeds.
        The Blizzaks are legendary in the snow. Everyone that has tried them has been very happy with them. I know someone that takes their RX-7 out in the snow with Blizzaks! With all that power and light weight, the RX would be a real handful in the snow without good snow tires!

RamAirV1
        2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Hey ramairv1,

I used the stock wheels with 205/55/16 KDWS's in the winter. In snow I noticed the samething as you slushy snow I had to watch my take offs on turns because it would slide but once I got it going no problems. Packed snow was a blast 4 wheels spinning and drifting. Ice is Ice slick as ****.

Andrew

Comment

Yes, your impressions are exactly the same as mine. I am far better off than I would have been with the factory 18" rims, that came with Bridgestone summer tires! They are quite a handful in the winter.

RamAirV1
            2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

They are still for sale. if anyone is interested pm me or send an e-mail.

Andrew

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');