• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Porter Cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porter Cable

Is there a difference between the 7424 and the 7336 and if so what is the difference?
    Don't forget to rev em high 2005 infiniti fx45, 2005 subaru outback sport se
    2000 ford ranger xlt, 2006 nissan maxima se

Re: Porter Cable

If you do car detailing, there's none (unless the OPM specs vary from model to model which I doubt it).

For other jobs, the 7336 can also be used to sand (that's the only difference I've checked form both models) and it's usually more expensive on ebay than the 7424 maybe because of this feature.

hope this helps
    " Sometimes logic is your friend (Mike-In-Orange)"

Comment

They are the same machine.... only difference is the counter weigh used one is for 5" pads the other 6". The counter weigh makes little to no difference in the operation of the machine.

Here is a thread to look over: The Dual Action Counterweight 'Controversy'
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

The 7424 comes with Porter-Cable’s foam screw-in polishing pad. The 7336 comes with a 6” backing plate for abrasive disks. The 7336sp comes with both.

It doesn’t matter which you have because you’ll want to replace either with a 5” backing plate to use Meguiar’s pads.

PC.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');