• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EXTREME Interior Makeover!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EXTREME Interior Makeover!!!!!!!!!

Hey everyone,

I don't know if this should be posted here or the interior sub-forum but it was a real EXTREME makeover of my mother-in-law's Pontiac Montana mini-van. They purchased it used about 5 years ago and there was some stains already set in that I could not remove. She asked me if I could get a stain out of the carpet and I said I need to see it. To make a long story short that stain was about10 inches wide by about 24 inches long and it appeared to be soda. Plus there was alot of other stains and dirt.

My Process
    Spray all affected areas with APC-Plus
    Scrub all sprayed areas with Meg's interior brush
    Extract areas with Durrmaid

P.S. this was a learning experience with the durrmaid as I just got it last week.

Befores

Afters

Andrew M. Parshall
    2013 Race Red F-150 SCREW

Re: EXTREME Interior Makeover!!!!!!!!!

Nice job. Looks a ton better. Did you use APC+ at 10:1? I can just imagine the color of the water you extracted.
    Scott

Comment

Hey BlueZero,

I used the APC+ at 4:1 because of how nasty the staining was. The water looked like a cup of coffee.

Andrew Parshall

Comment

May not be perfect but its, night and day!

Nice job, I hate cleaning carpet in a vehicle, its easier/better when you can remove the seats.
        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Hey gb387,

Your right it is not perfect and they knew that it would not be like new but I also told them that if they want me to I will do it again at a later date to see if anymore can come out. And yes taking all of the back seats out made it really easy to clean.

A.Parshall

Comment

Very nice work im sure u added a few hundred to the value of tht car thnx for the pictures it realy shows what can be done.

Comment

xcellent job, if it was my vehical id be very pleased. also if your interested in going to the next level please look into carpet and fabric dying you can check out right look dot com
              custom mobile detailing located in central maine

Comment

What a dramatic differance. Looks soooo much better now. I'm sure you made your mother-in-law quite happy with the big improvement.
                quality creates its own demand

Comment

Wow that interior looked gross! You did a terrific job on it, though!!
                  Lydia's Mobile Detailing
                  Professional Detailing since 2007

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 - Green
                  2007 Honda ST1300 - Silver

Comment

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Like I said this machine is new to me and I am still learning so my interior details can only get better.

Andrew

Comment

Looks a lot better, and I guess the stains you couldn't remove won't show that much once the seats and mats are in place. What is a Durrmaid, is it like the LGM? Or is it a steamer?

Comment

Mark2,

I am not that familiar with the LGM but I will try to explain my machine to you.
                        The durrmaid will heat the water to 190 to 200 degrees F , It has 102 inches of lift, 2 gallon water and recovery tanks, 12 vac hose, and a 60 psi water pump. here is a picture.

Andrew

Comment

Hey Andrew,
                          I have one of these machines and like it, takes a little while for the water to heat up, but I usually fill it up before I start working on the interior and by the time I am ready to use it, the waters ready. I use APC+ at either 4:1 or 10:1 depending on how dirty the carpet is. Anyways, after I spray the carpet down, I either use an interior brush or if it's pretty dirty I use the 3" circular brushes that fit into the PC, does a better job of agitating the carpet and is easier on your hands. In the extractor I use just water with a little bit of white vinegar added in, that helps with reduce the foaming when lifting. I also use a little bit of de-foamer in the extractor as well.

BTW, nice work on that Minivan...

Tom

Comment

Hey Tom,

I used the APC+ at 4:1 on the van due to the major staining. It was the first time that I used both of them. (APC+ and the Durrmaid). I really like the APC+ it started breaking down the stains within minutes of spraying the area. The durrmaid is just amazing plain and simple and I agree that it take a while to heat the water. I did that samething that you did I started spraying and scrubbing the interior while the water heated up.

Comment

Andrew nice work on the mini van as i already told you on autopia,I would really like to swing by your place one day and give the duramaid a shot on my nissian pick up and see how well it works.Let me know if thats ok and we can set something up ..Thanks Rocco
                              RZ AutoDetailing

My Gallery

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');