• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Professional Products by Hand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Professional Products by Hand?

Hi everyone,

I would like to know what Professional products can be used by hand. Also is there any benefit using Pro products as apposed to consumer line?

Thanks

Graeme

Re: What Professional Products by Hand?

The first thing that comes to mind is M-81 Hand Polish

I am sure you can use any pure polish or wax by hand. dunno what else though. Maybe #82
    You left out licking the water off. Oh, wait a minute, that's my cat, not my car. Uh, I mean my cat licks himself dry. I don't lick my cat dry. Or my car. -PC.

Comment

Pure polishes and pure waxes can certainly be used by hand, as well as the clay, soaps, etc.

The cleaners is where there is a difference. The Pro-line cleaners are designed to break down by machine, where-as the consumer line cleaners are designed to break down by hand.

So working by hand, the consumer line cleaners would be best, after that it is up to you.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I've had success using #80 by hand, my favorite glaze #7 as well as #81.
        Jim
        My Gallery

Comment

Thanks for the replies

Graeme

Comment

According to the 2007 professional products catalog you can use
            by hand.

It also says you can use #1 Medium Cut Cleaner by hand but I’m pretty sure that’s a mistake. I’ve never heard of #1 being reformulated.

PC.

Comment

Yeah, it is a mistake. My bottle says to use the Medium Cut Cleaner "...only with a rotary buffer" or something to that degree. It doesn't say anything about use by hand or by a PC.

I've found that using the Professional series cleaners by hand is a mistake. It is so much easier to apply it with a buffer and the results come out better. Besides, #7 and #21 come out better with a buffer, though it says you can apply them by hand.
              Chris
              Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');