• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what product to use to remove a light film on door/fender?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what product to use to remove a light film on door/fender?

Hi

Ive washed and used DC #1 over the entire car...polished and waxed as well...but there remains a light film substance on both a small section of my door and fender.

it seems to wipe off a bit when i use my finger...but cant seem to get it off completely. the only thing i did not do was clay the areas....any idea as to what product i can use to remove this film?

the color of the film is slightly dark....and very thin.....thanks...

john

Re: what product to use to remove a light film on door/fender?

Try wiping with a clean microfiber and some Quik Detailer, read this too...

Final Wiping Techniques

Final Wiping Techniques
    One mention about your final wiping technique. (Not initial removal of product, but after the most of a product has been removed and now you're just giving the finish a final wipe).

Often times I witness people wiping the wax off their car, or giving their car's paint a final wipe using fast, spastic wiping motions. Instead, try this, take your wiping cloth, whether microfiber or cotton, be sure it is large enough to fold it 4 ways to give you plenty of cushion to distribute your hand/finger pressure more evenly over the surface of the side of the cloth in contact with the paint, and then wipe the finish slooooowly, not quickly like you're trying to put a fire out.

Wipe the finish slowly. Give the substance on the surface enough time to transfer to the fibers of the wiping cloth. Think about it... if you move your wiping cloth quickly over the surface, you're only allowing nano-seconds for any minute wax/polymer residue to transfer from the paint to the cloth, if you slow down the rate of travel of the cloth over the finish, you improve the chance for whatever it is you're trying to remove to successfully transfer to the fibers of your wiping cloth.

If you follow all of the above, always using clean, dedicated applicator pads to apply your products, then removing them using clean wiping cloths, your finish should look clear, gloss, rich in color.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');