• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I use Hot Rims Multipiece to clean my tires too?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I use Hot Rims Multipiece to clean my tires too?

I was looking to get a bottle of Hot Rims Multipiece Wheel Wash & was wondering if I could use it for cleaning my rims AND tires?

Reason I'm asking is I've heard a lot of good things about Eagle One All Wheel & Tire Cleaner, which does both & apparently does it very well.

If Megs does the same, then I'll probobly go w/ the Megs product.

Any help would be appreciated.
    "All the sweetest winds they blow across the South." - Ryan Adams

Re: Can I use Hot Rims Multipiece to clean my tires too?

I would suggest using Multi-Piece for it's intended use.

For tires, I use my left over wash soap with a body brush that I only use for tires
    -Brad
    Shine Masters Pasadena, CA
    shine-masters.com

Comment

I suppose you can always try it, since it shouldnt hurt anything. But I dont know how well it will work.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by kanabro View Post
        I was looking to get a bottle of Hot Rims Multipiece Wheel Wash & was wondering if I could use it for cleaning my rims AND tires?

Reason I'm asking is I've heard a lot of good things about Eagle One All Wheel & Tire Cleaner, which does both & apparently does it very well.

If Megs does the same, then I'll probobly go w/ the Megs product.

Any help would be appreciated.
        Don't know if the product has been tested for this or not, (cleaning rubber), but it wouldn't hurt it that's for sure. Cleaning wheels is a balance of strong enough cleaner to do the job, safe enough to be used on the material or coating used to make the wheel.

Choose the wrong product and you can damage the wheel.

If you're tire's aren't too dirty, you can do like Brad said and use your wash water and a tatty mitt or brush, or if you're trying to remove built-up tire dressing you can use a strong solution of dish detergent.

We also make a dedicated tire cleaner in a foam aerosol.
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Great, thanks for the tips guys.

I didn't want to try it if there was a chance it could damage the tire.
          "All the sweetest winds they blow across the South." - Ryan Adams

Comment

My wheel cleaner certainly comes in contact with the tires when I'm cleaning, and no damage yet.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

When you clean your rims, you can't avoid that the some cleaner touches the tire. So, it has to be save. (I don't say that it cleans very well).
              And always use a lot of water after the cleaning, so no cleaner stay's behind.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');