• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tips for silver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips for silver?

Well, if all goes well, I will be the proud owner of a beautiful condition '02 Mustang GT Deluxe, in silver. The only silver car I've owned was my first in high school which I washed, but never detailed.

I've been working on my Matrix XRS for the last 8 months, and it's black, so I know how to make it shine like crazy. Any tips for silver though? It's easy to make it look "ok"...clean, boring...no depth...etc. I want that black shine I love so much on silver, haha.

Any good tips and tricks for getting a nice wet shine out of silver?

My arsenal includes a PC, #83, 80, 7, 21, and 26...so I'm well armed, haha...I was thinking my first detail, just throw them on in that order and see how it goes.

Thanks guys!
    2003 Matrix XRS *Sold*
    2002 Mustang GT
    2005 Subaru STi *coming this spring!*

Re: Tips for silver?

Black is the thoughest color to work on, so if you can make that look great, your same process will look great on silver.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Silver is easy to detail. Although its the same process but don't expect it to shine like a black color. I owned a black car in the past. Now I have a silver car too. I spent thousands of dollars on waxes & polishes. My mistake was I wanted it to shine & reflective like a black color. Now I learnt that it will not be. Hehehe.

I should just took the money & respray the car black in the 1st place. What ever waxes look good on a black will look good on other colors too. Its the paint color that is the problem. Here's a link on topic "which LSP is better for light colors?" tht I've learnt to live by.... I think since u can make a black shine, it should be the same skill. Trust urself, U'll do a great job too with the new car. Mustang....great car man. Don't let the mind trick u in believing the illusion.

http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4657
      http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/sho...?t=4657&page=2

Thank you kindly.

Comment

Yeah, I know I can't get the same shine as a black car, and I've unwillingly accepted that, haha.

Guess I'll do the normal process and see how it turns out. Thinking 83, 80, 7, 21, 2 coats of 26...should be set

Thanks guys
        2003 Matrix XRS *Sold*
        2002 Mustang GT
        2005 Subaru STi *coming this spring!*

Comment

Originally posted by astaticwinter View Post
          Thinking 83, 80, 7, 21, 2 coats of 26...should be set

Thanks guys
          Big picture...

If you push 4-5 products over the surface of just about any paint in good condition, you can't help but end up with a crystal clear, high gloss finish.

Have fun!
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');