• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rust stain removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rust stain removal

Hi Y'all,

Quick question, what would be the best product to use on a vehicle that has been stained by calcium (rust colored) stains.
    I was going to try some hydrogen peroxide first to see what that would do. Help!! open to suggestions

Steve (wingnut)

Re: Rust stain removal

Originally posted by wingnut View Post
    Hi Y'all,

Quick question, what would be the best product to use on a vehicle that has been stained by calcium (rust colored) stains.
    I was going to try some hydrogen peroxide first to see what that would do. Help!! open to suggestions

Steve (wingnut)
    Do you have any pics? It would help people in their replies.

I am currently detailing a friends car which had bore stains ( ground water )on the bonnet, I used ScratchX which worked a treat. It was a lot of work but well worth the outcome.

Graeme

Comment

No pics yet, this is a vehicle I have coming in the morning. I was trying to get a idea on how to proceed. I do intend to document and post the outcome.

Steve (wingnut)

Comment

Originally posted by wingnut View Post
        No pics yet, this is a vehicle I have coming in the morning. I was trying to get a idea on how to proceed. I do intend to document and post the outcome.

Steve (wingnut)
        I would give ScratchX a go and see how it turns out, if that doesn't do it for you post again with some pics and others here maybe able to suggest alternatives for you.

Here is some info that you may find useful.

Graeme

Comment

Quick follow up,FYI.

I read the links you sent me and using #83 on the panels was the ticket. Unfortunately the gentleman whose car I was going to do had a death in the family and couldn't leave the vehicle. Therefore I was nable to get photos. But he did make a appointment with me after I used the ol' 83 on the upper portion of the fender. Again thanks for the guidance.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');