• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to remove swirls by HAND with scratch X?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove swirls by HAND with scratch X?

What in the heck is the technique to remove light swirls by hand. I heard you use scratch x. Cab you scratch x a whole car by hand and will it be difficult? Please give me some help or advice.
    Don't forget to rev em high 2005 infiniti fx45, 2005 subaru outback sport se
    2000 ford ranger xlt, 2006 nissan maxima se

Re: How to remove swirls by HAND with scratch X?

Originally posted by SUBARU WRX View Post
    What in the heck is the technique to remove light swirls by hand?
    How To Remove Swirls By Hand

Can you scratch x a whole car by hand?
    Yes!

Will it be difficult?
    More tiring and time consuming than difficult.
    You left out licking the water off. Oh, wait a minute, that's my cat, not my car. Uh, I mean my cat licks himself dry. I don't lick my cat dry. Or my car. -PC.

Comment

Re: How to remove swirls by HAND with scratch X?

First read the link Shawn posted, then read this,

And this,

Remember, in most cases clear coat paints are harder not softer than traditional paints, thus it will be harder for you with your hand to remove small particles of paint, (which is how you remove swirls and scratches, you have to level the surface), in an effort to remove the swirls in your car's finish.

Most people after learning what it takes to do an entire car by hand that are aiming for perfection, or close to it, purchase a dual action polisher.
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');