• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dead Bugs & Guts On My Front Bumpers - help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead Bugs & Guts On My Front Bumpers - help!

I have a white car and there's many sticky dead bugs on my front bumpers. what's the best thing to use to get rid of it?

Re: Dead Bugs & Guts On My Front Bumpers - help!

Get some bug and tar remover, spray down the area... let it soak in. Might need to rinse it off and let it soak once or twice. Even soak a rag with it/water, and leave it over the bug splatter.

Then wash your car, spray a bit more bug remover if you need it. Then clay it. That should get rid of everything.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I use a Sure Scrub (brand) honeycomb bug sponge. I'd link it here but the moderators will usually axe links to specific vendors because it's considered unsolicited advertising. Rather much like cutting your nose off to spite your face, but whatever.

Auto Detailing Solutions carries them and they even have a link to them off of their main page. Cost, $1.99
      2004 Ford F250 SuperDuty Crew 6.0L Diesel - Black
      2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 - Dark Shadow Gray

Comment

Originally posted by Tungsten View Post
        I use a Sure Scrub (brand) honeycomb bug sponge. I'd link it here but the moderators will usually axe links to specific vendors because it's considered unsolicited advertising. Rather much like cutting your nose off to spite your face, but whatever.

Auto Detailing Solutions carries them and they even have a link to them off of their main page. Cost, $1.99
        i dont remember which bugs remover i used many years back, but what happen was i started to see my car paint came off with it also. too strong maybe? i brought from Autozone and that i remembered. thanks for your reply.

Comment

Dampen a dryer sheet. You know those things you put in your clothes dryer. Works great, I couldn't believe how good it works. Just dampen it and rub it on the bugs, they will melt away.

Hey Tungsten, Does the bug sponge leave any marks on your clear coat? I've been thinking about getting one.
          Scott

Comment

Originally posted by BlueZero View Post
            Dampen a dryer sheet. You know those things you put in your clothes dryer. Works great, I couldn't believe how good it works. Just dampen it and rub it on the bugs, they will melt away.

Hey Tungsten, Does the bug sponge leave any marks on your clear coat? I've been thinking about getting one.
            Blue: I use the bug sponge on my cars and they work great. They don't leave any marks on the paint and work wonders on the windshield.
            2016 Focus ST

Comment

Originally posted by rascal View Post
              Blue: I use the bug sponge on my cars and they work great. They don't leave any marks on the paint and work wonders on the windshield.
              Thanks Rascal! That's all of an excuse I need to put together another ADS order.
              Scott

Comment

Meguiar's Versa Angle Body Brush.

This brush dislodges bugs and stuck on pieces easily without a single scratch.

Jim
                My Gallery

Comment

"bug sponge" what do they look like and where can i find them? would Pepboys have'em? thanks for all the replies.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueZero View Post

I have the same quetsion. I have plenty at home
                    oh, another question.... what about the shoe mark that left on the side of the car? i have a white scion. there's shoe marks lefted from people getting in and out of my car from the back seat. Does anyone knows what I am talking about?

Comment

A scuff like that should be fixable with clay and a paint cleaner, probably ScratchX.
                      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by bsk_500 View Post
                        "bug sponge" what do they look like and where can i find them? would Pepboys have'em? thanks for all the replies.
                        autodetailingsolutions.com has them for $1.99.

Scott

Comment

This is the bug sponge.

It can cause swirls.

It is a sponge wrapped in a hard nylon mesh.

It reminds me of using a quality microfiber and not removing the nylon label. IMO, the body brush is much safer.
                          Jim
                          My Gallery

Comment

Take a look at the pic in the post above yours. The one you posted looks like something my mom used to wash dinner plates with back in the 1970s. The one I mentioned (and the other fellow linked a picture to) doesn't harm your paint at all.
                            2004 Ford F250 SuperDuty Crew 6.0L Diesel - Black
                            2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 - Dark Shadow Gray

Comment

Originally posted by Tungsten View Post
                              Take a look at the pic in the post above yours. The one you posted looks like something my mom used to wash dinner plates with back in the 1970s. The one I mentioned (and the other fellow linked a picture to) doesn't harm your paint at all.
                              There are a bunch of "Bug Sponges" on the market and most of them are a sponge encased in nylon netting similiar to that image I posted. Do a google and see what you come up with.

It is important that readers of this thread not use the nylon covered sponge on their paint unless they like swirls.

Still, I favor the Meg's body brush over any sponge. If you ever use their body brush you will notice how easily and safely it dislodges bugs and dirt. The deep soft bristles allow the bugs and dirt to be drawn up away from the paint so there is less chance of marring your paint. A sponge can't do that.

I don't use a sponge on my paint for any cleaning. I use a deep pile sheepskin mitt for most washing. The reason is that the dirt and grime is held away from the paint with these mitts and brushes. Sponges can't do that and are more likely to mar my paint so I just don't use them.

It is much easier to prevent swirls than to remove them. Take a look at the nose on my 1991 MR2. This was a daily driver for 12 years. It has had pounds of bugs mashed onto it's paint. I have always used a brush to remove them over the years. The paint looks better now 15 years later than when it was new.

Recognize that this is just my opinion, formulated over the years, and if you are happy with a sponge by all means use it.

Jim
                              My Gallery

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');