• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BMW E36 325i Arctic Green (pls be patient, about 35 pictures at 640x480 @_@)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMW E36 325i Arctic Green (pls be patient, about 35 pictures at 640x480 @_@)

When this car came in, it looked pretty okay,but the paint felt rough to the touch.
    When inspected with a 300w halogen light before washing, I couldn't see any swirls or scratches, only during polishing when dirt in paint has been removed, the scratches showed up.

This car had not been detailed before, although it's washed quite regularly at the petrol station car washes, the tires were full or dirt grime and brake dust. All they did were swipe tire dressing over a dirty tire.

Each tire I had to pre-treat, rinse, and scrub and rinse twice to get it squeaky clean.

The paint had some scuff marks here and there, some were removed with M80 by hand, the side mirror required wetsanding.Besides that the whole car had M83 and M80 and then two coats of NXT Tech Wax. That took care of the exterior. The vertical panels were mostly swirl free, except the hood and roof, couldn't get all the swirls out.

The interior smelled 'salty', smelled like a guy's armpit after a game of football, well not that bad, but something like that. :P .
    So the leather seats, doors, half of the roof, dashboard, centre console, glove box got scrubbed with APC cut at 10:1. The back of the chairs had some scuff marks that couldn't be removed. The interior roof had spots of what look like curry or just dirt, it was scattered all over the roof area of the passenger side and driver's side. Those spots got pre-treated with goo-gone and then followed up by APC.

The vinyl back of the chair were the dirtiest part of the car, got scrubbed twice and wiped many times.

Then when everything is dry, leather got conditioned and all vinyl and rubber got protected with NXT tech protect and buffed off immediately to remove any shine or oilyness.

Interior before:

what's a cactus doing there?

Very grimy steering wheel.

Left is after cleaning, right is before.

I had to change about 5 buckets of water to do the rinsing for the interior

Products used for interior:
    -Meguiar's All Purpose Cleaner 10:1
    -Meguiar's NXT Tech Protectant
    -Meguiar's Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner/Conditioner
    -Eagle One 20/20 glass cleaner
    -Goo Gone

Interior after:

Exterior pictures:

Products used for exterior :
    -Meguiar's Safe D-Greaser 4:1
    -TurtleWax Ultra Gloss Platinum Shampoo
    -Perma Glass No.2 Clay
    -Meguiar's Gold Class Trim Detailer
    -Armorall Original
    -Meguiar's Hot Shine Tire Spray
    -M83 DACP
    -M80 Speed Glaze
    -1500 grit sandpaper
    -Meguiar's Last Touch 1:1 as clay lube

removed with m80 by hand.

wetsanded, and removed sand marks with m80 by hand.

wetsanded, and removed sand marks with m80 by hand.

m80 by hand.

Clay after hood only.

And after long hours of this

and this

I need longer arms and legs...

Vertical panels were I can say swirl-free

The hood and boot had about 30% of swirls that I couldn't remove with PC+83(still not cutting it ). But both the owner and I were very satisfied. I know I was .

Exterior After Pics :
    Sorry I finished up a little bit late, the sun was almost down and blocked by the clouds.

Thanks very much for reading,
    Merry Christmas and Happy Detailing!

Re: BMW E36 325i Arctic Green (pls be patient, about 35 pictures at 640x480 @_@)

Nice turnaround!!!!
    Let's make all of the cars shiny!

Comment

Re: BMW E36 325i Arctic Green (pls be patient, about 35 pictures at 640x480 @_@)

It's a different car! Nice work.
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Wow! You really do some nice work. Great job!
        Scott

Comment

is this oure ausdtralian ones ?
          that bmw is one of mi favorites compare to new one
          its a good job.and very nice done
          merry christmas to you as wel and happy new year
          alberto gorin
          known as gorin002

Comment

Thanks for the comments TH0001, Mike Phillips, BlueZero,
            hehe you guys really know how to put a smile on my face .

gorin002,
            hmm not sure if it's an australian one.
            This car is more than 10 years old though...lol
            Thanks for the compliments! have a merry christmas!

Comment

You welcome. That was a lot of work and really impressive in the turnaround. Hell I'll by a plane ticket if you wanna do my truck. VERY VERY VERY NICE!!!!!
              Let's make all of the cars shiny!

Comment

Wow factor.... Great job bro. U are the best. I think u need a Rotary lio la. Hehehe. U have reach a limits of a DA & if a Rotary u can shorten ur time wat.

Comment

DAAAANNGGG!!! That looks good.
                  MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

Comment

TH0001 ohh thanks, really, but I don't think I'm even half as good as you!!

bernard78, yeah man, and guess what, my velcro still tearing even using speed 2 on the Bosch, I want to lower the speed but that would make things muccccchhhh slloooowweeerrr. A rotary would definately be the answer, not only will make things faster, I want to learn to compound with M85 and wool pad . it's in my top shopping list now, hehe, hope santa makes my wish come true :P

kellyinkc
                    Thanks SIR!! how's your new G-100 going? hehe

Comment

I'm using Bosch's own foam pad for compounds & cleaners. I can crank up to speed 6 & no problems at all. I only use Megs W8006 for polishing, ColorX & Cleaner Wax. Since over here Megs pads are so expensive I wouldn't want to use it for compound & cleaners 70 bucks, u know. Hehehe. Hope ur Christmas wish comes true. All the best bro.

Comment

Wow, outstanding job!

I bet you were tired after that one. You've really shown your passion for detailing.
                        -Bob
                        NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

very nice work!!! and i love me some bmw!
                          Mike
                          The Shine Shop
                          410-833-1632
                          Reisterstown MD

Comment

Great Work!! I bet you felt really good when you finally finished and stepped back to admire your work

Well Done

Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to you

Graeme

Comment

bernard78, Bosch own pads? mind telling me where did you get yours? yeah meg's pads are expensive, I want more, but reluctant to spend my hard earned money. and what compounds do you use bernard?

RDVT4ME, the shine shop,
                              Thank YOU for the kind words guys,yeah I was pretty beat up after it was done, I was thankful that the car is actually quite small.

Graeme,
                              YUP! when the customer(my uncle) wanted me to do his car, my first thoughts were, wow! a BMW!...
                              then when I knew about the colour, it didn't really fire me up to detail it.
                              But I didn't take any shortcuts and give it all that I can, when I was finished,
                              I probably walked 1 mile in distance round and round and round the car, haha.

Merry Christmas!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');