• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Piano

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piano

I have an upright piano from the 1920's. The finish is dull and rough. I have been putting lemon oil on it and there are small areas that have become beautiful and glossy again just from that. I cannot affort to have it refinished. What can I do to help it? Will lemon oil eventually retore the finish?
    Danny Jensen, Detail Lab

Re: Piano

Meguiars used to make some piano care products that were sold by the Fender Guitar Company, and on their website. But they are not there at the moment, but do a little searching around. I believe there was a swirl removal product and everything.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Do a search there, you should see them.

pianosupplies.com
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I used lemon oil (among other polishes and cleaners) on some built in oak cabinets in my home over the years. For an experiment, I did half the doors on one cabinet, first cleaned with Scotts liquid gold (or something close to that name) topped with a lemon oil polish. On the other half I first cleaned and then applied Mequiar's #7. Then #7 took a little longer to polish dry than the oil. Asked my wife, who had not observed my methods, which looked and felt better. She immediatly pointed to the side with #7....I concurred. YMMV

Mort

Comment

Ive used #7 on high gloss wood, it works great.

Comment

I taught drums at a store that kept #9 readily available behind the counter to polish up all those high dollar Gibson Les Paul Guitars.

I use #9 on my polyuerthane lacquer dw drums, with a little #26 to seal the up a bit.

Comment

I use the deep crystal system on my sister's baby grand piano. Works great.
              Lydia's Mobile Detailing
              Professional Detailing since 2007

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 - Green
              2007 Honda ST1300 - Silver

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');