• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deep Crystal Step 1 (cleaner) and Step 2 (polish) VS M83

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deep Crystal Step 1 (cleaner) and Step 2 (polish) VS M83

I know the M83 is the cleaner/polish but I have the Deep Crystal Cleaner and Polish at home. Using the M83 would save time and kill 2 steps at once, but would doing the cleaner then polish give better results? Separating the steps is suppose to give better results right.....and how much better? one pass VS two passes.... bottom line is, will I be able to tell the difference between using M83 VS Deep Crystal cleaner then polish?

Re: Deep Crystal Step 1 (cleaner) and Step 2 (polish) VS M83

Assuming you are doing this with a PC, are you trying to remove swirls and fine scratches? If you are Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner is a very gentle cleaner and may not be strong enough for the job. Deep Crystal Polish is a pure polish. #83 is a cleaner polish like you have mentioned but it is better suited to remove swirls and scratches.
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

In addition to what gb387 posted, you likely wouldn't save any time with #83 because while it is a stronger cleaner/polish and better suited to mremoving scratches/swirls than DC 1, it often leaves it's own swirls or imperfections, which then have to be removed by another product, such as #80. You may be better off starting with #80 before stepping up to #83.

Comment

#83 is a medium strength cleaner/polish, while #80 is mild.

Some people will use #80, and then go on to a pure polish like #7 before waxing.

Another option, if your car is well maintained, no swirls to remove, etc, is to apply #82. It is a very mild cleaner/polish, and should give a nice look if you dont have much cleaning to do.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

If, as Murr1525 mentioned, the paint is in pretty good shape, you might be able to get by with ColorX, which is an excellent cleaner wax.

Comment

thanks for all the great info guys....

I think my paint is in decent condition. My car is 2 years old and always garaged so I think I'm just looking for something to remove light scratches. I'm a noob to the PC so the mildest solution would probably be the best.

So my options are #80, #82, or ColorX ...

is there any downside to just starting out with the DC1 on the PC to see how the results are? or would I just be wasting time and material?

Comment

Originally posted by E-Jag View Post
              In addition to what gb387 posted, you likely wouldn't save any time with #83 because while it is a stronger cleaner/polish and better suited to mremoving scratches/swirls than DC 1, it often leaves it's own swirls or imperfections, which then have to be removed by another product, such as #80. You may be better off starting with #80 before stepping up to #83.

I think you have that order backwards. You would want to go with #83 first and then step down to #80. 80 will smooth out the results from 83, and give you a better shine. Follow it up with the LSP of your choice.
              2004 Ford F250 SuperDuty Crew 6.0L Diesel - Black
              2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 - Dark Shadow Gray

Comment

My Friend Did That To His Truck And It Looks Really Good.
                Don't forget to rev em high 2005 infiniti fx45, 2005 subaru outback sport se
                2000 ford ranger xlt, 2006 nissan maxima se

Comment

Originally posted by Tungsten View Post
                  I think you have that order backwards. You would want to go with #83 first and then step down to #80. 80 will smooth out the results from 83, and give you a better shine. Follow it up with the LSP of your choice.
                  I think what he's saying is to try 80 and see if that does the job before going with 83. If 80 does the trick 83 wouldn't be needed at all.

Comment

okay, so my PC is almost here.... can I apply the DC series with the PC? this is my first time so I want to see what kind of results I could get with the weakest stuff out there.... just in case I mess up or something

Comment

nevermind... Mike answered the question in

sorry, didnt see that guys

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');