• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matte finish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matte finish

I've got a customer that likes the interior panels/dash/seats of his car with a matte finish. So far I've been using Quik Interior Detailer, but it seems to me that this product offers little, to no protection, specially on leather.

Is there a product, or a combination of products that will protect, and still leave a matte finish?

Alex
    Mandarina Racing

Re: Matte finish

I really, really like Gold Class Vinyl/Rubber Protectant

You left out licking the water off. Oh, wait a minute, that's my cat, not my car. Uh, I mean my cat licks himself dry. I don't lick my cat dry. Or my car. -PC.

Comment

Originally posted by MandarinaRacing View Post
      I've got a customer that likes the interior panels/dash/seats of his car with a matte finish.

So far I've been using Quik Interior Detailer, but it seems to me that this product offers little, to no protection, specially on leather.
      Just to note for everyone that ever reads this in the future, Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer is not a dressing, as in a cleaner/conditioner/protectant, it's a light cleaner for removing dust, finger prints and smudges from interior surfaces and components. It does offer a tad bit of UV protection, but should never be relied upon or used as a dressing.

The Gold Class product Shawn recommended is good, so is Natural Shine, so is M40. The key to insure a matte finish is to wipe the surface down with a clean, dry microfiber polishing cloth after treat the surface and allowing some time for the product to penetrate.

The wiping off of any trace product hiding in the irregular surface of most interiors will insure a matte finish if the surface was matte to start with.
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I'm a fan of Natural Shine. One coat for a matte finish or two for a little more shine.
        Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
          Just to note for everyone that ever reads this in the future, Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer is not a dressing, as in a cleaner/conditioner/protectant, it's a light cleaner for removing dust, finger prints and smudges from interior surfaces and components. It does offer a tad bit of UV protection, but should never be relied upon or used as a dressing.
          That's what I thought. I remember a post made in the past about the QID/UV subject.

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
          The key to insure a matte finish is to wipe the surface down with a clean, dry microfiber polishing cloth after treat the surface and allowing some time for the product to penetrate.

The wiping off of any trace product hiding in the irregular surface of most interiors will insure a matte finish if the surface was matte to start with.
          I'll explain to him the benefits of using a REAL protectant, and, with his approval, try this approach.

Thanks for the help Mike and BlueZero.

Alex
          Mandarina Racing

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');