• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chamois Drying Technique?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chamois Drying Technique?

Meguiar's offers a microfiber chamois that remains soft and works great, called the Soft Touch Microfiber Drying Cloth

Our Premium Natural Chamois stays softer longer than most because of the complex tanning process they are manufactured with.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Which one has better drying cabalbilities?

Is the Soft Touch the same as the 2006 Supreme Shine or is it something different?

Thanks
      Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

I use the water magnet now, but I found it best to put the chamois in a bucket of water before I started washing and leave it there while I washed. It was always nice and soft when i was ready to use it.
        Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
        Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

I bought the water magnet recently and really like it and use it for the body panels only and then follow up with a Supreme Shine for the drips. Then I use the chamois for the rims, door jams, engine etc. I like how the chamois dries the rims and stuff but dont like how it dries on the body so thats what the water magnet is for.

I'll have to try the soaking in water method this weekend when I wash the cars!!

Thanks for the suggestions!
          Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
            Meguiar's offers a microfiber chamois that remains soft and works great, called the Soft Touch Microfiber Drying Cloth
            Must be a new product.

Never seen it before until now.
            r. b.

Comment

The Soft Touch Microfiber Drying Cloth used to called the Super Suede Drying Cloth.

I believe the marketing folks thought the new name would convey the concept better to consumers as they scan the shelves at their local car parts store.

Of the synthetic chamois substitute gizmos I’ve tried it’s my favorite. It works the way a chamois “should work” but without the annoying side effects (drying like cardboard, smelling like dead things, etc).

The jumbo version in the marine line is still called the Microfiber Super Suede Drying Cloth.

PC.
              Last edited by the other pc; Dec 14, 2006, 10:13 AM. Reason: same same

Comment

Thanks PC!

I may have one of those in stock somewhere.

I need to do an inventory of my Meguire's detailing products since I cleaned up at Advance Auto Parts a while back.
                r. b.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');