• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those of us in the colder winter climates...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: For those of us in the colder winter climates...

So, is it better to just spray it down with water to get you by for a while, until you can use your own soap.. or should A guy just use the soap at the car wash and plan on waxing it in a couple of weeks to keep up the protection

2002 Yellow Chevy Monte Carlo SS
    My Albums: http://s394.photobucket.com/albums/pp24/Johnson0667/

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeyc View Post
      I think you need to add another choice to your pole. I wash in the garage, but it's not heated and there's no drain. So, I wouldn't say I'm "hooked up." I use a rinseless wash soap like QEW, Optimum No Rinse, or DP 4-in-1. I get some small puddles on the floor, but not too bad.

those of us in winsconsin and minnesota.....how about those days when its -30 degrees or colder!!!???!!!

Comment

^ didnt mean to quote that...

Comment

Originally posted by miahjohn View Post
          those of us in winsconsin and minnesota.....how about those days when its -30 degrees or colder!!!???!!!
          You can't just wash in the driveway?

Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
          Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Originally posted by miahjohn View Post
            You better add South Dakota to that list!!

2002 Yellow Chevy Monte Carlo SS
            My Albums: http://s394.photobucket.com/albums/pp24/Johnson0667/

Comment

I have a gas furnace in my garage with a drain and lot of lights.
              Washing in the winter is NO different than summer other than I run the furnace instead of the air conditioner.
              Black Bart

Comment

Does 52 count as "colder" climate?

Comment

Originally posted by sdprius858 View Post
                  Does 52 count as "colder" climate?
                  Only if there is a - before it
                  AeroCleanse, LLC
                  Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
                  www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

winter? whats that..... where i live theres only spring and summer which is just a hotter version of spring..... LOLOLOLOLOL

Comment

• Re: For those of us in the colder winter climates...

I use the touchless wash near my house. That, or go to my GF's house. They have a hot water hookup in the garage.
                      -James
                      2012 Chevy Silverado ECSB. Z71 4x4. 5.3

Comment

I use the coin op at times, then take it home to finish it up.

If I get a break in the weather I wash it in the driveway then give it a coat of wax or two.

I love the pictures of Tim washing in the snow. Good stuff. My wife helps me a lot too! She was always laughing at me, now she helps and lets me get stuff.
                        Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Weather it's cold or warm, the car should be properly washed

So every weekend or friday before I wash the car

If we play soccer in shorts shorts and a T-shirt during winter why don't was our car
                          Last edited by Sven; Dec 18, 2008, 02:49 AM.
                          Shining regards
                          Sven
                          Meguiar's Exclusive importer for Belgium
                          http://www.meguiars.be

Comment

It depends on the car. My beat up '99 Chevy Cavalier gets washed at a commercial wash I work at part time. The '03 Monte Carlogoes through a wash where there are few dirt roads, few brushes, and plenty of soap on the cloth.

Comment

Recently used ONR for first time. Sprayed off excessive dirt/salt/grime with one minute rinse cycle at a local car wash. Mixed up 2 gallon solution of ONR and washed in my garage using one bucket with Grit Guard, 2 MF mitts and a water magnet. Worked extremely well on some moderate salt buildup on black paint. Finished off with UQD. Car looks like it was just detailed. Got to make sure you keep the wash mitt well saturated, use a Grit Guard (especially with one-bucket method) and wipe gently.
                              2013 Highlander - black
                              2010 TL - black

Comment

I have a heated garage but the only problem is the length of my truck makes it hard to get around to each side of the truck to wash it so i just have to open the garage door, carry my two buckets and the hose and then use the remote to close it. im too afraid to park it in the other spot in the garage because the refrigerator would be right next to it and sooner or later someone will ding the truck by not being careful or just simply not paying attention, maybe i will just stick out the cold and wash it outside
                                Nick
                                Tucker's Detailing Services
                                815-954-0773
                                2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');