• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those of us in the colder winter climates...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: For those of us in the colder winter climates...

Just got back from using the pressure washer ($2.00/2 minutes) to get the salt off my car. I'd love to use the foam brush, but we all know what will happen. My question is. Does anyone out there know of or have a brush that I could purchase in Canada that will NOT scratch the paint? I'll wait for the sun to come up and go over the car with a good chamois and Micro towels to remove the haze. Looking forward to any and replies.
    Keep Smilin' .....
    Fred
    "Every day is a great day; some just better than others"

Comment

Don't know if there are any around in Canada but Meg's makes two body brushes that are excellent. They don't scratch at all. I have these Meg's brushes and I love them. You should see what short work they make of smashed, baked-on bugs. Here are pics of the brushes.

Versa-Angle Body Brushes

And if you have a SUV I'd also highly recommend one of these.

Ultra-Plush Wash Mop
      Jim
      My Gallery

Comment

Up here in where I live it's way too cold to go wash my car in the driveway. So I go to the coin-op and just spray it down. I think I'm going to get a Versa Angle brush and try using that at the car wash. Unfortunatly they don't allow buckets so I'll have to use the soap that comes out of the gun I guess. I doubt it has much lubricity but not many other options really.
        Jason

Comment

ONR optimum no rinse....this stuff is awesome .
          RZ AutoDetailing

My Gallery

Comment

Thanks for the reply Jim and the rest. Looks like exactly what I need. As for no buckets in the coin wash. It's the same here but 5 AM. no one else is even around so I take a bucket of warm water with my soap in it and just use rinse taking my time. However when it this cold out you have to work fast. Thanks again
            Keep Smilin' .....
            Fred
            "Every day is a great day; some just better than others"

Comment

I guess Jim didn't hear the news. Meguiar's stopped making those brushes.

Comment

And I have a PC also (that I can't use!)

We have a nifty, WAY too pricey car wash in St. Louis that uses high pressure water (Which is a slight pain if you're a ragtop owner) but it also has underbody high pressure to clean off the road salt I'm pretty impressed by the amount of gunk it cleans off of my vehicles. It even does a goo job on my rims. There are a couple of manual drive throughs close to me, but the amount of quarters I have to feed these things versus the total lack of time for the money is depressing. I'll go back through this post again and think about the car mops and other goodies to hopefully give me some options.
                03 Mustang GT Ragtop, Redfire Metallic
                Hurst equipped, Don't forget the chrome tipped dual exhaust!

Comment

Re: And I have a PC also (that I can't use!)

Originally posted by BigBoy View Post
                  We have a nifty, WAY too pricey car wash in St. Louis that uses high pressure water (Which is a slight pain if you're a ragtop owner) but it also has underbody high pressure to clean off the road salt I'm pretty impressed by the amount of gunk it cleans off of my vehicles. It even does a goo job on my rims. There are a couple of manual drive throughs close to me, but the amount of quarters I have to feed these things versus the total lack of time for the money is depressing. I'll go back through this post again and think about the car mops and other goodies to hopefully give me some options.
                  We have a couple of those here in Sedalia too. I really like the way it cleans the undercarraige. It actually comes out pretty clean too. The one I use has a high power blower at the end that blows a lot of the water off.
                  Mike
                  Extreme Clean Auto Detailing
                  ...taking auto detailing to the Extreme!

Comment

When its cold I usually got to the spray wash, and then dry it outside the bay if its not too windy.

Or on a warm day close to 50 I'll wash it at home.

Comment

I also try for a day above 40 F (preferrably closer to 50) and wash 'em in the driveway. If I can't get to it in daylight I'll go to the coin/wand wash with my buckets, during an off-peak time. I don't worry too much about drying-- hit it with the spot-free rinse, drive home (fast) and finish with a Water Magnet.

Comment

In the winter I get my car washed every Saturday morning at a local detail shop. For $15 they do an amazing hand wash, using only the softest wash mitts (which they wash after every use) and soft cotton towels to dry it off (also washed after every use) They also wash the underbelly of the car and inside all the door jambs. When they are done they even use a leaf blower to get excess water out of the tail lights and side mirrors!
                        2018 Torch Red Corvette

Comment

I usually won't wash unless it gets around 50 deg. I will however go out and spend 20 mins spraying off all the road salt once the majority of it is off the roads.

Comment

Dupe!

Comment

We wash ours in our unheated garage, which has a drain in the floor. Unfortunately, below 20-degrees, the hose tends to freeze. I've tried space heaters in the garage and such, but we get below 0 here, so there's not much I can do in January and February!
                              2006 Chopped and Dropped Dodge Grand Caravan SXT

Comment

We no longer have winter in Kentucky so I wash it when I need to.
                                Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                                Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');