• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dashboard & interior trim protection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dashboard & interior trim protection?

What is the best protection for my 03 Mach 1 Mustang's dash & interior trim? I do not want a glossy finish. Also, what is the best protection for the leather seats? Thanks everyone.
    2003 Mach 1
    Azure Blue
    5 speed/IUP
    2007 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD Off-Road
    KY Horsepower

My personal preference is Meguiar's #40 Vinyl/ Rubber Cleaner/Conditioner.

One great thing that I've found with this product is that you can keep it as glossy as you want but, if you want to bring it back down to a 'low roar' with a matte finish, it's pretty easy to do as well.

Not sure of the color of your dash but, I'm assuming it's going to be black by your pictures. (I tried to click on your 'pics' link but it's listed as 'forbidden')

Start by spraying the product on a nice microfiber towel (like Meguiar's Ultimate Wipe) or a high-pile 100% cotton terry towel. Wipe the product on and allow it to dry for the most part.

You're going to be worried at this point as you'll have quite a bit of shine. To bring it back to a matte finish, get a dry terry towel and wipe on the dash until you bring it back to more of a matte finish. Don't rub too hard as you can cause streaks.... just glaze it across the surface with only slight pressure.

The #40 will serve two purposes at this point... it will have helped to clean your dash and it will have left behind UV protection against the sun and ultraviolet rays.

I think you'll be more than pleased!

RP
    -The Final Detail-
    Lagrange, Kentucky
    thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
    CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

Comment

It looks like ImageStation quit letting me link to my online pics Yes, the interior is dark (Charcoal). Is there anything in the NXT lineup that is good for interior cleaning & protection?

Also, any recommendations on leather care?
      2003 Mach 1
      Azure Blue
      5 speed/IUP
      2007 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD Off-Road
      KY Horsepower

Comment

#40 if you want a rich like new look
        nxt will give your dash a really good shine maybe more then you want i would buy the #40 just to be safe i doubt you will be dissapointed

Comment

M4016 is your answer for the dash and interior trim. For the leather I would recommed you use Gold Class Leather Aloe Conditioner, if the leather is new or like new condition.

M40 has a nice look to it and smells nice too.

If you can't find these products in your area, you can order them directly at www.meguiars.com

Regards,

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by 2hotford
            Hey,

I also like #40 !!! But I use a foam applicator to evenly spread the product around. Leave it for a few minutes and then wipe off with a microfiber cloth. This will leave the surface looking new!!

Tim
            I do the same thing. Gives me the exact look that I want!

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');