• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiars Glass Cleaner or Stoners Invisible Glass?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiars Glass Cleaner or Stoners Invisible Glass?

For the ones who have used Meguiars Glass Cleaner Concentrate and Stoners Invisible Glass.... What do you prefer? I have IG and like it but I am getting low should I change to Meguiars?
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

I like Meguiar's better then Stoners, but I like Sprayway just as much as Meguiar's.

Meguiar's is a much better value though so I will probably stick with that.

Comment

I've used both and perfer megs over stoners..........plus the one gal con. is enough to mix serveral sprayers around the house, ect.
      2019 GMC Sierra
      1500 AT4

Comment

Originally posted by Bri9801
        I like Meguiar's better then Stoners, but I like Sprayway just as much as Meguiar's.

Meguiar's is a much better value though so I will probably stick with that.
        Do you dilute meguiars? If I get a gallon could use it in the house as well!
        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Originally posted by gb387
          Do you dilute meguiars? If I get a gallon could use it in the house as well!
          yes, off the top of my head it's a 6:1 ratio, should last you quit a while if it you share with the house.
          2019 GMC Sierra
          1500 AT4

Comment

I'll be testing soon.

Comment

Just to chime in,

The dilution for Glass Cleaner is 10:1, that is 10 parts water to one part Glass Cleaner. Thus, 1-gallon of concentrate will make 11 gallons of glass cleaner.

One of my favorite products. We keep 2-3 32 ounce bottles in the house all the time for cleaning mirrors, windows and even counters. Works great.

Mike

Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips

The dilution for Glass Cleaner is 10:1, that is 10 parts water to one part Glass Cleaner. Thus, 1-gallon of concentrate will make 11 gallons of glass cleaner.

opps! I knew I should of waited to post that till I got home to check. but hey 10:1 is even better! sorry for the misinformation.
                2019 GMC Sierra
                1500 AT4

Comment

I like the Meguiars better also. I used to buy the stoners but the megs works better and MUCH cheaper. Not to mention you dont need as much space to store it.
                  If you dont play you CANT win!

Comment

it works so good on that chevelle that it looks like nothings there at all.
                    2019 GMC Sierra
                    1500 AT4

Comment

I **** at math how would you properly dilute Meguiar's Glass Cleaner let say in a 32 ounce spray bottle? Thank's..

Comment

Hi George,

You would just take your total amount in a bottle, this case it is 32 ounces, and divide by 11 (since it is 10:1 diltion)

For example: 32 / 11 = 2.9

Round up... and you get 3 ounces of glass cleaner + 30 ounces of water (10 x3) = 33 ounces of ready to use glass cleaner...

Our secondary bottle have the dilutions marks already on them, which makes it very easy. Those will be ready to ship very shortly.

In the meantime, just use secondary bottles that have measurment marks (ounces) on them.

Mike
                        Mike Pennington
                        Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
                        Meguiar's, Inc.
                        800-854-8073
                        mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

Thank's Mike, appreciate your help!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Pennington
                            Our secondary bottle have the dilutions marks already on them, which makes it very easy. Those will be ready to ship very shortly.
                            My older style secondary bottles have the dilution marks on them as well.....Make it so simple my wife could even mix it right.

Comment

the new bottle are a big improvement. They also have the marks set up so you add the water first and then the product. Makes more sence and its much harder to screw up the dilution ratio.
                              If you dont play you CANT win!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');