• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clay Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clay Bar

I just purchased a clay kit (along with a bunch of other Meguiars products) and I'm wondering if the bar is re-usable. I have a newer vehicle so the impurities aren't that bad. Can I keep the bar in a zip-lock bag and use it again in the spring? Thanks

Re: Clay Bar

If the clay isnt bad, yes, it can be put in a baggy and re-used. Just put a spray of QD in the bag.

Just to mention, if you clay paint, then you can use it again on paint. Even on glass/trim is ok. But if you use it on your wheels, exhaust tips, or drop it, just throw it out, or save it specificaly for those areas.

I like to cut the clay up into smaller pieces, for that reason, so I dont waste a bigger block.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Well, if it looks dirty I wouldn't reuse it. That said I have reused my clay, I keep my truck rather clean and the contaminates removed by the clay are minimal and the clay still looks nearly new I will reuse it. Not sure the exact clay kit you have but if you have a single bar, make sure to cut it in half and set one aside should you drop one half.
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
        Just to mention, if you clay paint, then you can use it again on paint. Even on glass/trim is ok. But if you use it on your tires, exhaust tips, or drop it, just throw it out.

Murr brought something up, now I keep my dirtier clay and use it just for the windows and exhaust tips.
        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Can the smooth clay kit be used on glass or with the Quick detaling spray streek?

Comment

You can use the clay on paint, glass, trim, exhaust tips, old refrigerators... no problem. But I would recomend cleaning your windows with a glass cleaner after.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');