• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help with clearcoat damage (love bugs)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with clearcoat damage (love bugs)

I just picked up a new car, and the previous owner didnt remove the love bug splaters from the front of the car and they have 'etched' the clear coat...I've tried meguiars scratch-x, but the bug juice has eaten into the clearcoat

i've read about sanding the clearcoat with 2500-3000 grit and polishing it, but with my luck id mess up the paint...can anyone point me towards a step by step article or thread on removing the damage...ive been searching but i cant find much

thanks
    AK

Re: help with clearcoat damage (love bugs)

That's quite a jump from Scratch X to wetsanding! I would try using some #83 Dual Action Cleaner/Polish with the G100 (PC). It may take several passes to improve the finish but it will help. That combination will be much more effective than Scratch-X. The PC will give you results that just can't be duplicated by hand.

RamAirV1
    2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
    2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');