• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Long do I wait untill I can wax and car wash after fresh paint????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Long do I wait untill I can wax and car wash after fresh paint????

Hello, Just had my car hood and front bumper repainted.....how long do I have to wait before I can wax my car or wash the car??????

I don't want to ruin a fresh paint job.

thanks

Re: How Long do I wait untill I can wax and car wash after fresh paint????

Originally posted by rclab1 View Post
    Hello, Just had my car hood and front bumper repainted.....how long do I have to wait before I can wax my car or wash the car??????

I don't want to ruin a fresh paint job.

thanks
    I had some repainting done to mine a few months back. The shop told me to wait at least 30 days until waxing. They told me if at all posible to avoid the pressure washer for 30 days as well. As for hand washing they said I could go with that after 3-4 days. Your best bet is to ask to shop and go by what ever they tell you, that will avoid any unneeded warranty problems.

I waited a few days and threw a quick hit of #80 on it as it can be used with fresh paint and does leave a very light, short lived coat of protection on it. I did ask the shop about this and they said that was fine. I think they were slightly amused that I had some idea as to what to use and what not to use. I was able to get out the buffer holograms the shop left me as well by doing this.

#80 Speed Glaze

#80 Speed Glaze

Last edited by Jeff Smith; Nov 23, 2006, 07:06 PM.
    Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

When I had my bumper repainted the body guy told me a couple of months but it really depends if you park the car outside or inside. Outside the paint is going to cure quicker. He told me that you can also smell the paint, if you still smell the chemical/paint smell it is not fully cured yet.

Comment

hello again..... I just wanted to clarify.....

do I wait 4-5 days or 4-5months after the fresh repainting on my bumper, hood and fenders?

Comment

Someone correct me if i am wrong, but I would ask the shop. Some shops actually "bake" the paint to cure it quicker. I this is the case it will be cured farther along, than if it air dries.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');