• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Idea from watching a toilet cleaner commercial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea from watching a toilet cleaner commercial

Those commercials about the throw-away toilet scrubber got me thinking. The thing about cleaning the toilet is what do yuo do with the brush afterwards? It's been in the toilet, afterall. So you don't really want to rinse it out in the sink, and you don't really want to put it somewhere to dry. You have to, though, so you have a grosso toilet-brush area where you sit it to dry, and you pray you never have to touch that area with anything else.

Wheels are kinda like that for me because the brake dust on wheels is hard to wash out of towels and such. You can use a brush on wheels, but it's hard to find one that won't mar. I use old chenile sponges, but then how to wash them? I dont' really want them to get brake dust in with my other towels and such. I do this only on the Aurora, which doesn't get real dusty anyway. On the other two cars, I use the dreaded brush.

Anyway, something softer than a brush that won't scratch the wheels, but which I don't have to toss into the washing machine with my other stuff, would be perfect. So something disposable that was soft would really fit the bill.

I can't say for sure I'd buy something like this on a continual basis as I don't like to dispose of stuff out of laziness, but I might if it was much easier. If it was a product that was biodegradable, I'd feel even better about it. (I'm no greenie, but I do believe in conservation).

Would anyone else find something like this useful?
    1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
    2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
    1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

Have you ever tried Meguiars Hi-Tech Wheel Cleaner.

Comment

Yup, I love that stuff. But I still have the problem of washing the chenile sponge afterwards. Also, it doesn't cut it on the non-Aurora's. They get way too brake dusty. I use EO A2Z on them (I find it works better than Hot Rims and is a bit cheaper).
      1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
      2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
      1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

Comment

yea, some wheel wipes maybe.
        I can wash the stuff off my hands but that stuff never comes out of the towels and brushes. good idea!
        2019 GMC Sierra
        1500 AT4

Comment

~One man’s opinion / observations ~

Both Autogeek and Groit’s have disposable wheel brushes, and most suppliers have disposable 'wheel wipes'

~Hope this helps~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/ Jon
          justadumbarchitect * so I question everything *
          ~ Providing unbiased advice that Professional and Enthusiast Detailer’s Trust ~ Blog – http://togwt1980.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');