• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alternator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternator

I have just starting hearing that you need to cover the alternator when spraying your engine. I have never done this in the past and when we used to do a lot of offroading we would get our entire engine compartments VERY wet and muddy with no problems.... except for the belts. Then to get the mud off we would spray the engine off with the alternator not covered. Just curious on what problems people have had with the alternator. I'll cover mine up from now on just to be safe.
    '04 Toyota Tacoma DC 4WD
    '03 Honda CR-V EX AWD

Re: Alternator

I have never covered my alternator either, never had any problems. It makes sence to cover it, I will from now on as well. I usually keep my engine clean enough just for a wipe down.
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Re: Alternator

I had my last truck for 5 years and 83K miles and never covered it, and I washed the engine compartment A LOT!
      '04 Toyota Tacoma DC 4WD
      '03 Honda CR-V EX AWD

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');