• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

run in with high curb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• run in with high curb

i was parking at my local best buy today and, as usual, i parked at the end of a row of parking spaces. all of a sudden a heard a nasty noise and i'm like "WTF?!" well i look at my front bumper and this is what i see:

you can see my paint on the curb in this one

here's a little dent

heres the curb, more of my paint...

you guys think best buy will fix this for me? the parking spot says compact and my car isn't lowered out, it's completely stock.

think i can take it to small claims?

Re: run in with high curb

Sorry what happen to your car. And I'm sorry to say this but I don't think Best Buy gonna pay anything for the damage that cause by you! You hit the curb on your own so it's your fault, not anyone else. Prepare to shed out some $ for the repaint the bumper, or If you want to sue, sue your car manufacturer (Mazda) since from your pics, the car is too low to clear the curb and sue the city also for putting the curb on!
    "Huu duyen thien ly nang tuong ngo,
    Vo duyen doi dien bat tuong phung."

Comment

Dang that ***** Try buffing it out, it should improve the appearance of the scratches some. I hit a metallic object on the 91 freeway awhile back and had pretty bad scratches on my front bumper. Mike helped me buff it out during a Mequiars class with a rotary buffer and it improved the look of the scratches dramatically. As for filing a claim with Best Buy I don’t believe that Best Buy is responsible for your damages, even if it is a compact space.

Comment

get a front lip for ur bumper....cover the scratches and protects the bumper from anymore curbs....

Comment

Looks like the Best Buy on Sawtelle and Pico, I always park in the far spaces there
          -Brad
          Shine Masters Pasadena, CA
          shine-masters.com

Comment

I've inspected work done by contractors who install curbs and sidewalks. In New York City, standard curb reveal is 6"

Try and find out what your municipalities standard reveal is. If the Best Buy curb doesn't meet the standard, you may have a case. If not, I really think you might be out of luck.

Sorry that happened.

Edit: I just noticed that there's a slope up to the curb from the parking space...that sure as heck didn't help anything either. Also, you should get a few estimates and just take them to small claims court. You could cite negligence on their part since they didn't have any of those concrete stoppers in front of the curb so you can "feel" when you're getting close and if the parking lot is in disrepair, you could cite that too. Around these parts small claims court is <$4000 claim and it costs only $14 to file. No lawyer needed.
            -Dennis/FromThisSoil

If anyone is in need of a company logo or flier design, don't hesitate to ask for help.
            I can accommodate any budget.
            To see a few samples of my work just PM me.

Comment

Sorry that happened. Not much to do about it other than a repaint. I always park so my bumper is not even close to the curb.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your car.... just for that reason I always back into any spot that has a curb. I don't think Best Buy is going to help you out, they may not even own the store. Any that aside get an estimate and see what it would cost to fix.
                Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Sorry about that happening. Your car is a very pretty color.

I don't think you will get any money out of Best Buy, since it's not really their fault.
                  Lydia's Mobile Detailing
                  Professional Detailing since 2007

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 - Green
                  2007 Honda ST1300 - Silver

Comment

Originally posted by GTBrad View Post
                    Looks like the Best Buy on Sawtelle and Pico, I always park in the far spaces there
                    *sigh* thats the one. that curb is way too high isnt it?

Comment

Originally posted by FromThisSoil View Post
                      I've inspected work done by contractors who install curbs and sidewalks. In New York City, standard curb reveal is 6"

Try and find out what your municipalities standard reveal is. If the Best Buy curb doesn't meet the standard, you may have a case. If not, I really think you might be out of luck.

Sorry that happened.

Edit: I just noticed that there's a slope up to the curb from the parking space...that sure as heck didn't help anything either. Also, you should get a few estimates and just take them to small claims court. You could cite negligence on their part since they didn't have any of those concrete stoppers in front of the curb so you can "feel" when you're getting close and if the parking lot is in disrepair, you could cite that too. Around these parts small claims court is <$4000 claim and it costs only $14 to file. No lawyer needed.

wow, thank you so much for this info. i'll do some research. i had a feeling there should be some type of standard or maximum height. it's just not right to have such a high curb as a "parking stop" or whatever those cement peices are called. i'll let you know how this goes. thanks again

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');