• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water Stain on Clear Coat where I had Car Bra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Stain on Clear Coat where I had Car Bra

Hi everyone, I am freaking about a week ago I detailed my car...glazed and then polished. I then put my car bra on the car and covered the car with my car cover which is rated 9/10 for water proofing.

A few days ago it was raining pretty heavy. So today I go and take the car cover off and the front bra off the hood and noticed that the car was a bit wet in the corners and had a bit of dirt. So then I look closer and now I have a circle stain on the clear coat. The car is black btw and was repainted less then a year ago. I was in shock I couldnt believe it. I assume the water got thru and sat and caused the stain. I live in NJ so the temp is in the 50s sometimes low 60s.

Does anyone have any advise on how I can clear this stain up? I just tried some compound and that didnt work. I also tried glaze b4 that and nothing

thanks in advance
    -D

Re: Water Stain on Clear Coat where I had Car Bra

Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle

Step 1 Wash

Step 2 Clean

Step 3 Polish

Step 4 Protect

Step 5 Maintain

Suggested Products for Taking Care of a New Car

What it Means to Remove a Scratch

How To Remove Swirls By Hand

How to remove a defect by hand with ScratchX

Do yo urecall what the products were you used? Meguiars, or other companies?
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Re: Water Stain on Clear Coat where I had Car Bra

I always thought that the 'Car Bra' was only supposed to be used when driving and was recommended to be removed when parked at home. But that was a couple of years ago so things might have changed since then.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');