• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good to Mix Waxes? Gold Class & NXT Tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good to Mix Waxes? Gold Class & NXT Tech

Hi, I'm not really good at grooming and detailing cars as I am an amatuer in this field. This is sort of a side hobby of mine for personal gratification as I love to keep my cars clean and shiny. Unfortunately it has been a while since I groomed any car until my recent purchase of a brand new Honda Civic.

I still have the Gold Class Liquid Wax (G7016) which I used a lot on my other cars, but recently bought the NXT Generation Tech Wax on the advise of another friend who shares the same interest in car groming. I tested out the NXT (after applying the Deep Crystal Carnauba Wax [A2216]) and was surprised at the deeper crystal clear finish on the test area. Of course I did this with the older car (Silver).

Now my questions:

1. Will it be beneficial to apply both the Gold Class and NXT together or will this be a waste of effort?

2. Will applying the NXT "rub off" any earlier Gold Class application?

Sorry if my questions sound silly. But I can't seem to get any good answers from my friends.

Re: Good to Mix Waxes? Gold Class & NXT Tech

You can always layer your waxes by applying one first, then waiting a little whilte and applying a 2nd wax. I think the method for you would be to apply NXT first to whole car and remove it, wait at least an hour (preferable 12 hours), then apply the Gold Class and remove it.

Comment

I've never really seen a need to layer wax... There are a lot of experts in this forum (so please correct me if I'm wrong), but any gains by layering wax would be very minimal IMO. Unless, you are doing it to ensure you've covered everything. (Rain-X, for example recommends applying two coats but this is simply to cover areas you may have missed).

Also, keep in mind that the surface of you paint can only hold so much wax (only what it needs). That is why applying a thin coat of wax works just as well as applying it thicker, because the excess would just be wasted. This is why I also beleive layer is a waste, because most of what you apply the second time is wasted.

Slats

BTW, congrats on your new Honda - you will love it! I recommend using a clay bar and then NXT and you will get a really slick finish.
      -------------
      John 17:3
      -------------

Comment

Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle

Step 1 Wash

Step 2 Clean

Step 3 Polish

Step 4 Protect

Step 5 Maintain

Suggested Products for Taking Care of a New Car

What it Means to Remove a Scratch

How To Remove Swirls By Hand

How to remove a defect by hand with ScratchX

What's the Deal with "Layering"?
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Hi,

First I would clay the car and then , I would use NXT on the hood , roof and trunk and Gold Class for the sides. So this way you can finish your Gold Class bottle and you wont have to wax twice your car, both products are great

Have fun!!

Comment

Hell with it Why not MIX it up,,let us know how it comes out!! cant hurt to try!!
            www.CustomDetailer.com

Comment

Hi everyone, thanks for the inputs. I too am kinda curious with the effects.

Originally posted by bronxon View Post
              Hi,

First I would clay the car and then , I would use NXT on the hood , roof and trunk and Gold Class for the sides. So this way you can finish your Gold Class bottle and you wont have to wax twice your car, both products are great

Have fun!!
              Now that's an idea - thanks

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');