• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pressure Washer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressure Washer?

I was wondering how many of you guys use pressure washers to wash your car? I've always used a normal garden hose, but I recently saw a video on the "world's best car cleaner" and I noticed he used a pressure washer. Would it be too harsh on wax? What are your thoughts?
    Yes
    45.16%
    No
    54.84%

Re: Pressure Washer?

I use it if there is alot of dirt on the vehicle then follow up with a hand wash.
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I don't mind using it on the wheelwells but not so good on the wax. I think. As I notice while at car wash centre using the pressure washer usually causes my wax to be clean off. But I think you can select the type of spray pattern that are not so powerful one. Don't go full blast on the paint.

Comment

I don't have one yet, but I plan to get a pressure washer and add a DI system to it. I think it's important to have an adjustable nozzle so you don't wash off the wax.
        Matt
        2007 Lexus RX350
        1998 Acura Integra

Comment

I used to hand wash my vehicles, but bought a DI water systems that needs regulated, so I use my electric power washer with it and just turn the pressure down a little, works great and have never had a problem with it. It's also great for wheels, wheel wells and tires.

Tom

Comment

I use them only on really dirty wheels and wheel wells but since APC is such a lovely product, I don't use the press. washer at all.

On paint, I think it has too much force and actually is able to push dirt in the paint and thus scratching the finish.
            showroomglaze.net

Comment

I only use one if Ive been offroad in mud. Ive got to do the under body and everything so it would take awhile with just a normal water hose. I DO NOT use it on the entire Jeep. Just the fender wells, rims, and some of the sides depending on how much mud was slung up on the sides.
              Last edited by Jeepster04; Mar 27, 2007, 10:51 AM.
              Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
              Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

I use one, but I have the pressure really low.
                Danny Jensen, Detail Lab

Comment

What do you all mean by you turn the pressure down. Do you all use electric ones or something? I have a troy built and I cannot do that. Its pure 2,450 psi of paint ripping power. I have different ends I can use but thats about it.
                  Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                  Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

I'm considering the Karcher 1750psi electric model. It has an adjustable nozzle that allows me to reduce the pressure.
                    Matt
                    2007 Lexus RX350
                    1998 Acura Integra

Comment

I use one, but only to clean my Dayton wire wheels. Never on my vehicles painted surfaces

Comment

TrippleDES,
                        I have the Karcher 1750 electric model, it does work well, and you can adjust the pressure with the wand, but, the first one I had, wouldn't' shut off just after the one year warranty on it ran out. Only way to get it fixed was to do it yourself or pay more than the things worth, I was told it could be one of two switches inside that at least one of them was kind of pricey. I was in need of one, so I trashed that one and bought another, 6 months later it did the exact same thing as the first one, only this time it fell under the replacement warranty and they sent me another unit just like mine that was refurbished and you just have to send your broken one back, no charge. So, I'm now on my 3rd unit in 2 years and I only use it on the occasional weekends mostly when I am either washing our vehicles or detailing someone else's car.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by TripleDES View Post
                          I'm considering the Karcher 1750psi electric model. It has an adjustable nozzle that allows me to reduce the pressure.

Thats the same one I have, a nice unit

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Weed View Post
                            I used to hand wash my vehicles, but bought a DI water systems that needs regulated, so I use my electric power washer with it and just turn the pressure down a little, works great and have never had a problem with it. It's also great for wheels, wheel wells and tires.

Tom
                            I should correct this statement from earlier, when I said I've never had a problem with it, meaning harming the paint, it works great with the DI system, but as I just mentioned in my previous post, I'm on my 3rd Karcher in 2 years.

Tom

Comment

TrippleDES,
                              I have the Karcher 1750 electric model, it does work well, and you can adjust the pressure with the wand, but, the first one I had, wouldn't' shut off just after the one year warranty on it ran out. Only way to get it fixed was to do it yourself or pay more than the things worth, I was told it could be one of two switches inside that at least one of them was kind of pricey. I was in need of one, so I trashed that one and bought another, 6 months later it did the exact same thing as the first one, only this time it fell under the replacement warranty and they sent me another unit just like mine that was refurbished and you just have to send your broken one back, no charge. So, I'm now on my 3rd unit in 2 years and I only use it on the occasional weekends mostly when I am either washing our vehicles or detailing someone else's car.

Tom
                              I should correct this statement from earlier, when I said I've never had a problem with it, meaning harming the paint, it works great with the DI system, but as I just mentioned in my previous post, I'm on my 3rd Karcher in 2 years.

Tom
                              It sounds like an extended warranty is a good idea for these consumer model Karchers then. I'll pick mine up at Sears with the 2 year warranty.
                              Matt
                              2007 Lexus RX350
                              1998 Acura Integra

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');