• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Love bugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Love bugs

I've tried the old Scratch X by hand with a terry cloth and it seemed to lessen the hight of the defect. I can still feel it above the paint surface. I was wondering if the new formula for a DA would perhaps get the job done. If not, I need to find a professional with a rotary. When is Meguiar's putting on a clinic in Palm Beach?

Comment

Two Months Ago?

If these areas have been sitting on the paint for 2 months, then you may have paint damage. The "insides" of a love bug are really acidic and can begin etching into the clearcoat within 3-4 days. From a "lovebug" website:

the Lovebug fluids have been known to burn through wax finishes, new paint and just about any surface which is susceptible to acid. For this reason it is vital that you rinse your car as soon as you can following any encounter with a swarm.

Comment

in extreme cases where bugs are involved, i very carefully use a product from eagle 1 called all wheel and tire it is a mild acid that dissolves bugs on contact.again very carefullt spay the eagle one on a terry or microfibre ans gently wipe the bugs away. this will remove the bugs as well as the wax and polish it is very important to remove any residue left behind fron the nonmeguiars product. so be prepared to repolish and rewax the front of vehicle.
        custom mobile detailing located in central maine

Comment

I tried Blastoff love bug cleaner, a new (for me) product that worked real nice at removing love bugs from my car. It is made in Tampa so those guys must know something about love bugs. Anyway, the only place I could find it online was at www.carlovebugremover.com Not worrying about my car any more......vrrrrrrrroooooooooommmm

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');