• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions: Tire Browning and what wax for white paint ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions: Tire Browning and what wax for white paint ?

Hi

New to Meguiars products, just started getting them in here in South Africa. I picked up some Hot Shine to dress my tires and some NXT car wash. What I wanted to know is, I always thought that brown tires were caused by small dirt and rubber particles clinging to the dressing which is usually a silicone based product used by most of our car washes in this Country. Does Hot Shine do this ?

Also I have just bought a new Nissan Frontier/Navara White and was wondering what would be the best Wax for this color.

Thanks for your time

Re: Questions: Tire Browning and what wax for white paint ?

Welcome to MOL.
    Regarding the brown tires is cause by ozone. The tire manufactures use the anti-ozone ingredient to prevent the tires from cracking, etc.. so it will turn brown but is good since the anti-ozone incredient is doing its job. So, the best thing is to clean your tires with either tire cleaner or just car wash soap, let it dry and apply Hot shine. Before driving, don't forget to wipe off the excess to prevent dressing sling.
    As for a wax for your Nissan, I like NXT wax and #26 combo.
    Life is a journey, enjoy the ride!

Comment

Re: Questions: Tire Browning and what wax for white paint ?

The browning is more a combination of dirt/sludge, plus the "blooming" effect fo the tire itself. Simply put, some of the chemicals in the tire work their way to the surface as well. So after a while, with dirt, chemicals, and a dressing, you can get a pretty brown mess.

What you may want to do before applying your dressing is to actualy clean the tires, either with excess soapy water, or a rubber/plastic safe all purpose claner. Meguiars makes one of course, but dont know if you can get it. It would be the All Purpose Cleaner.

All Purpose Cleaner

So yes, Hot Shine can get brown, but cleaning the tire will help stop it, and make it last longer.

As far as wax, there is no best wax for a certain color, different people like everything, so it is just opinion really. Plus, it depends what is around you.

Deep Crystal #3 is more inexpensive wax, that should be easy to find.

Gold Class and #26 Hi-Tec Yellow are two carnuba blend waxes that are very good.

Nxt Wax and #21 Synthetic Sealant are two very good synthetic waxes.

#21 is my favorite, but see what is around you, and based on if you want carnuba or synthetic, pick one. It wont be bad.

Incidently though, most of the looks will come from paint prep. Have you seen, or picked up any clay/cleaner/polish yet, or even a cleaner wax? These will make a big difference if you use them before waxing.. Here are a few links that explain some more:

Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle

Step 1 Wash

Step 2 Clean

Step 3 Polish

Step 4 Protect

Step 5 Maintain

Suggested Products for Taking Care of a New Car

What it Means to Remove a Scratch

How To Remove Swirls By Hand

How to remove a defect by hand with ScratchX

And this one uses ColorX, an excellent claner/wax. ColorX (maybe Color Boost for your area), is another favorite of mine, and topped with a regular wax like Nxt, Gold Class, etc, will look fantastic.

1986 Ford Bronco II - Extreme Makeover
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');