• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the pad numbering stands for ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the pad numbering stands for ?

As a beginner, I was advised to use a Random Orbital instead of rotary, so I wonder what pad should i use with #80 to remove swirl and fine scratches ? By the way, why only Meguairs pad with numbering but not other menufacturer. How to chose to right pad ? As meguairs pad and product in my neibourhood is pretty expensive, one pad could costs about US20 and #80 is about US26 . I don wanna get to wrong thing. Pls advise. Thanks in advance.
    Is not how you shine your car, Is what you shine your car with

Re: What is the pad numbering stands for ?

Meguiars Pads
    W7000 Soft Buff Foam Cutting Pad....Last resort try not to use as is very agressive or place a microfibre bonnet on to remove wax.

W8000 Soft Buff Faom Polishing Pad.....Best all round pad used 90% of the time to apply #80 and #83 if nessicary

W9000 Soft Buff Foam Finishing Pad....Very mild scratch removal used with polishes.

Random Orbitals are the best for learners as it is very hard to mar/scratch the paint copared with a rotory which can burn your paint or remove the paint to metal. I don't know much about non meguiars gear as I use 99% meguiars (only non meguiars in a metal polish and my Borch random orbital).

Comment

When you say, Random Orbital do you mean you have a G100/PC?

If you mean a traditional orbital buffer, as far as we know, our foam pads don't attach to them because they don't have a Velcro interface.

Do you have a picture of what kind of tool you have?

Read this,

Rotary vs PC vs Regular Orbital Buffer
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I yet to have any tool so far as I will get one soon with the right advise from Mike. I can't get a PC in my country , only can get a BOSCH GEX-270AE (ROB), is that save to use ?
        Is not how you shine your car, Is what you shine your car with

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');