• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using Clay Bar with water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Clay Bar with water

Hi all. I've been using this method for a year now. I only use water with the clay bar to clean the surface and I have very good results. Anyone use this way too. My friend which is a spray painter teach me this way one. So do you think this way is wrong? As I've been reading this thread and all of you all use with the detailer... I bought my meguiars clay bar tht time also came without the detailer. It was the Mirror glaze one light blue colour clay bar. So I just had been using it with water till today. Is it ok? Thks.

Re: Using Clay Bar with water

Meguiars tends to say it is best to have some sort of lubrication, as in a soap or detailer spray, not just water alone.

The idea being, if you picked up any sharp, or large bits on the clay, the water wouldnt provide enough lubrication, an you could put swirls in your paint.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Oh ic ok. I also did wash the clay bar with soap after using it and it did become a bit cleaner after tht. Guess I'm lucky till now tht did not pick up those larger contamination. Hehehe. Thks a lot.

Comment

I usually use water also. My paint is in good shape as in not to many bonded stuff on the paint. It may be a good idea to use QD or soap if the paint is really rough..
        Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
        Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');