• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar's Solo System - One Liquid System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Professional System

Oh, so this new system here is primarily for bodyshops or detailers who deal with new / freshly painted cars, eh?

Looks like the rest of us hafta stay on de' regular : M80, M83 and M21...still, those 3 are hard to beat!
    yep, so little posts, 'cause you guys have have made it easier for me, thanks!

Comment

I just got off the phone with the owner of Mister Collision in Dallas. I sent him a link to this thread yesterday and he is very interested. He uses Spies-Hecker paints which are know for their hardness-but I am not sure how hard it is to correct when it is fresh. Any thoughts on how this will work with body shops that use Spies-Hecker and PPG's CeramiClear?

What about dusting levels? That is the biggest complaint I hear about 3M and Menzerna products.

How about the pads? How would they work in a true detailing enviroment with the 80 series polishes?
      Owner, Scott's Mobile Auto Detailing

Comment

just have to wait for another week and all my questions will be answered.
        3500 Dually Member # 252 and Damn proud of it
        2005 Chevy Dually Duramax w/Automatic
        6X6 (rear tires are dual)
        Crew Cab / Long Bed / LT3 Package
        enough power to pull the old guy
        from the P!ss Pot
        2005 Keystone Sprinter 303BHS
        1987 Pontiac Trans Am GTA
        1978 Pontiac Lemans Safari
        1992 Chevy 4X4 S-10 Blazer
        1995 Harley FLTCU
        2005 Harley FLHTCUI (converted to Lehman Trike)

Comment

mike, thanks for sharing! look forward to the other products!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
            More details on 10/31 but you bring up a great question Scott and this is where we need to stress that this is a fresh paint system, that is, it is formulated and intended to be used on fresh paint in a body shop environment.

It is not formulated or intended for use on cured paint, or OEM paint, i.e. the paint most detailers are working on. We understand that many of you are going to be curious to try this new system out in your detailing business, but anyone trying this system out has to do so with the complete understanding that this system is for freshly sprayed paint.
            And how is this different from the 80 series Body Shop Professional, are they not also designed for Fresh Paint?
            I want 4" Softbuff pads!

Comment

Originally posted by gbackus View Post
              And how is this different from the 80 series Body Shop Professional, are they not also designed for Fresh Paint?
              -

It's a completely unique system using one chemical; to vary the aggressiveness of the chemical or the non-aggressiveness of the chemical you changes pads.

Two immediate benefits,
              1. No cross-contamination
              2. No guesswork as to which chemical to use

The ingredients in this new chemical are unique to this product, none of the 80's series products use the abrasives used in this formula.

So yes, both the So1o system and our 80's series are for fresh paint, but they are different systems. And while the 80's series can be used on both cured paint/OEM paint and fresh paint, the So1o System is formulated and specific to fresh paint.
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

So far this product sound like its more trouble than it worth suppose a vehicle is half painted you still would have to use 2 different products to bring the paint up to shape. Fresh and old paint?
                Whats my color? Color X

Comment

White Honda,

Something to keep in mind...

In the paint & body shop industry, there are several stages to painting a car. When the car comes out of the booth, it is traditionally sent to an area where it is "color sanded and buffed".

Once that is done, it goes to another area where the final detailing takes place. This is very very common in this particular industry.

There are a few reason why this is done.

1) Expertise of the people doing the work
                  2) Chemicals that can safely be used in both areas

While it may sound cumbersome, this system solves many issues in the paint & body arena where it was designed for

Mike
                  Mike Pennington
                  Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
                  Meguiar's, Inc.
                  800-854-8073
                  mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

Originally posted by WHITE HONDA View Post
                    So far this product sound like its more trouble than it worth suppose a vehicle is half painted you still would have to use 2 different products to bring the paint up to shape. Fresh and old paint?
                    Usually the body shop is only responsible for the freshly painted portion of the vehicle. If the entire vehicle is going to be buffed it is because the bodyshop manager/service writer sold a complete detail with the repair that will be paid by the customer. Getting the entire vehicle detailed while at an auto bodyshop is rare.
                    Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Mike P.
                      Thanks for the insight so if I wet sand the cured paint then the SOLO system can be used? THANKS IN ADVANCE
                      Whats my color? Color X

Comment

Probably not the best system to use for that situation, since all the testing and development was done for fresh paint applications. You would be surprised how different the buffing characteristics are between the 2 (OEM & Fresh).

We know people are going to try it on "OEM" paint anyways, and they may be happy, but we just need to make sure that when someone is not happy with results, they know ahead of time that they are using the system on paint it wasn't developed for

Mike
                        Mike Pennington
                        Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
                        Meguiar's, Inc.
                        800-854-8073
                        mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

1. I don't think that the Meguiar's boys can mention what this system is for enough already. FRESH PAINT! FRESH PAINT! FRESH PAINT! If the paint is NOT FRESH then you should consider a DIFFERENT SYSTEM. By fresh paint, one means to define the paint as being recently sprayed and uncured as such there are still solvents and such that are not gased out of the FRESH paint. Dig it?

2. The solo system is easier. Spray paint, wet sand, remove sanding marks with "least agressive pad combo." Notice that I did not say, product/pad combo. That's the hint and it removes guess work.

3. Read EVERYTHING before jumping to conclusions. You can save EVERYONE trouble that is unnecessary.

4. Read: I am done venting.
                          2015 Fiat 500 Abarth.
                          2011 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V using AMSOIL synthetics. Best 1/4 mile: 14.959 (sold)

Comment

pcfxer
                            Hope you feel better? Enjoy

As stated these are questions and GREAT questions at that. Is the system new or not is it any different from the Norton system or is a rebadge version of it with new pads? THANKS AGAIN MIKE P.
                            Whats my color? Color X

Comment

I don't know for a fact that meguiar's doesn't rebadge. Though, I'm fairly certain that Meguiar's researches and tests products independently from any other company. So I'd say that it is not a rebadged system though, the idea could be similar.
                              2015 Fiat 500 Abarth.
                              2011 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V using AMSOIL synthetics. Best 1/4 mile: 14.959 (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by WHITE HONDA View Post
                                Mike P.
                                so if I wet sand the cured paint then the SOLO system can be used?
                                No.

If you re-paint your car and then wet-sand the fresh paint, then the So1o System can be used.
                                Mike Phillips
                                760-515-0444
                                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');