• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar's Solo System - One Liquid System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiar's Solo System - One Liquid System

Meguiar's Solo System - One Liquid System

Hello to all....

After a long wait, and a few hurdles, we can finally release the name of our new Professional System designed specifically for body shops / fresh paint applications.

This is the press release that went out today, and we wanted to ensure you saw it as well.

There will be much more info to follow on 10/31 directly from the SEMA show. This is when we can fill you in on the specifics, as well as our other new products for 2007.

Thanks in advance for being patient

MEGUIAR'S® LAUNCHES ITS REVOLUTIONARY SOLO™ SYSTEM TO THE AUTO BODY INDUSTRY

Irvine, CA (October 2006) – Meguiar’s, Inc, the world leader in car appearance care, today unveiled its revolutionary Solo™ System. The Solo System is designed specifically for body shop professionals to address a variety of common problems in the auto body industry today. The Solo System is designed to eliminate confusion in product choice, eliminate cross-contamination of compounds and polishes, and provide swirl-free final finish results.

Revolving around a single, one-liquid compound and polish product, this user-friendly liquid is paired with Meguiar’s latest technology in wool pads, foam pads and a backing plate - all specifically designed to enhance the performance of the Solo System liquid. The combination of liquid and associated tools will ease application, save time, and continuously provide revolutionary, swirl-free finish results.

Meguiar’s, which offers serious car care for car crazy people around the world, continues to work hand in hand with professionals to introduce new technologies and procedures in anticipation of the needs of a continually changing industry.
    Visit the Meguiar’s booth at NACE, (Booth W3129) and witness live demonstrations that illustrate the world-class results produced by the Solo System.

Meguiar’s, the century-old leader in automotive appearance care, works closely with the world’s leading automotive paint and car manufacturers to research and develop new products to address the needs of professionals in a continually changing industry. Acting as consultant and product supplier to major carmakers around the world focused on paint quality and paint correction, Meguiar’s is committed to introducing the latest technologies to help car dealers, body shops, detailers and serious enthusiasts restore, create and maintain a flawless finish on every car surface. As part of its passionate support for the car hobby, Meguiar’s created “Car Crazy Television,” seen weekly on SPEED and “Car Crazy Radio,” which airs weekly in over 120 markets nationally. For more information, please call Meguiar’s at 800-347-5700, see Meguiar’s at www.meguiars.com, or www.carcrazycentral.com.

Mike
    Mike Pennington
    Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
    Meguiar's, Inc.
    800-854-8073
    mpennington@meguiars.com

Re: New Professional System

Sweet. Will this system be available for us to try out at the Open garage or the Class on 11/11/06?
    You left out licking the water off. Oh, wait a minute, that's my cat, not my car. Uh, I mean my cat licks himself dry. I don't lick my cat dry. Or my car. -PC.

Comment

Cool, can't wait to give it a try... Doubt I will be trying the new pads though as I have a ton of the old ones. What would it be comparable to in the 80 series with everything else being equal, such as pads and the machine.

Thanks,
      Tom

Comment

SWEET! Guess what will be on the 'ol Christmas list
        MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

Comment

Once 10/31 comes around we'll go into depth on the entire system

Mike
          Mike Pennington
          Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
          Meguiar's, Inc.
          800-854-8073
          mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

Thanks for the announcement Mike. Also I love your Chevy II. I think
            it was in Hot Rod Magazine some time ago. It makes me wish I had kept
            mine all those years ago.

Comment

Sweet
              Mike make shaw you dont forget to send some down to little old New Zealand
              You no on the other side of the world
              Have A Smurfie Day
              Take Pride In Your Ride...

Comment

If I'm understanding this right....it looks like only one liquid is used for cutting and polishing and you change the abrasiveness by changing the pad. If so, that would certainly make things much easier and cut down on the amount of inventory needed.
                -Bob
                NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

It seems like it would have to give up something though, or be for a very spcific circumstance, otherwise the #80's and #1-4 products just went out the window....
                  2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Murr and RDVT4ME,
                    You could say the same thing with using #80 as well, depends on the pad, machine and method you use, that's why I had asked what it was similar too, but I guess I will have to wait till the 31st.

Comment

Looks like the product works with which pad you are using. Neat looking pads too. New backplates?
                      www.clean4udetailing.com

Comment

Originally posted by justin30513 View Post
                        New backplates?
                        Originally posted by Mike Pennington View Post
                        Revolving around a single, one-liquid compound and polish product, this user-friendly liquid is paired with Meguiar’s latest technology in wool pads, foam pads and a backing plate
                        Sounds like it but i think I saw one of these pads used once and they used the same backing plate.
                        You left out licking the water off. Oh, wait a minute, that's my cat, not my car. Uh, I mean my cat licks himself dry. I don't lick my cat dry. Or my car. -PC.

Comment

Is this going to be a rotary only system? How well does it work on cured paint that us detailers work with?
                          Owner, Scott's Mobile Auto Detailing

Comment

Sounds pretty awesome to me! I was just wondering about how much it will cost and if it is a replacement for #80-#83 or just a new addition to the professional line.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Weed View Post
                              Murr and RDVT4ME,
                              You could say the same thing with using #80 as well, depends on the pad, machine and method you use, that's why I had asked what it was similar too, but I guess I will have to wait till the 31st.
                              I agree. I saw the new pads with the cuts in them and I'm wondering what those cuts do vs. what we have today.
                              -Bob
                              NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');