• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

motorhome detail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• motorhome detail

I'm doing a motorhome Class C "Lazy Daze" on Tuesday - it was detailed a year ago, it has real light oxidation - needs a 2-step for sure. What should I use? I'm new to the Meg. product line.
    Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

Re: motorhome detail

Paint, fiberglas, or other????
    Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Since the exterior panels on the Lazy Daze are made of aluminum and painted with an emron type of polyurethane paint, you would be smart to go with your usual automotive products on this vehicle. Just a paint cleaner and a coat of #21 polymer sealant should do the job.

Here is an interesting article that I wrote about pricing large vehicles that was recently printed in Professional Carwashing & Detailing Magazine; http://www.carwash.com/article.asp?IndexID=6636287
      Last edited by mirrorfinishman; Oct 22, 2006, 03:10 AM. Reason: added magazine link
      FRANK CANNA
      Mirror Finish Detailing
      23rd Year 1986-2009

Comment

Not all Lazy Daze are that way. We do an older one (GM chassis) that is coated aluminum and two newer ones (Ford chassis, less than a year old) that are fiberglass bodied.
        Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

I believe it's a newer one - It's a Ford. I'm going to buy a PC D.A. polisher on Monday from a local supplier but I know they don't carry Meg. pads - what pads should I use to get me through this job till I purchase some from Meg. - I normally do everything with a rotary then hand work. Again I'm wondering what paint cleaner I should use and then finish with #20 or #21? Thanks
          Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

Comment

Lazy Daze with fiberglass?????

You sure it's a Lazy Daze????????
            "Now go home and get your shine box"

Billy Batts in Goodfellas

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');