• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Returning Mothers products, going to buy Meguiars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returning Mothers products, going to buy Meguiars

Well Im going to return all the Mothers products I bought. Im detailing the car tomorrow and here is what I bought. I need to find a suitable replacement.

Mothers Clay Bar - Meguiars Smoother Surface Clay Kit
    Mothers Ultimate Wax System - Meguiars Deep Crystal System

Should I use the professional mirror glaze prodcuts or are these products good enough for a novice?

I also bought Meguiars Swirl Remover (only to help remove clear coat scracthes). Im a novice here and Ive already posted a thread about all this but now that Im using Meguiars products, can someone help? Man I hate being a n00b lol.

PC 7424 with Lake Country Pads
    Swirl Remover - Orange Pad
    DC #1 - White Pad
    DC #2 - Black Pad
    DC #3 - Black Pad
    2005 Toyota Camry LE Phantom Grey Pearl
    2001 Toyota Corolla LE Silverstream Opalescent
    1996 Lexus ES300 Ruby Pearl

Re: Returning Mothers products, going to buy Meguiars

Looks like you have a PC already so you are good there. You can use the DC System with the PC with no problems but you asked about the pro-line as well. Now since you have a PC I might suggest using #80 Speed Glaze.

#80 is a very good all around cleaner polish, very easy to use and seems just about everyone who has a PC uses #80. So.... you are looking at the Deep Crystal System and #80 could replace both DC#1 and DC#2. Now if you want to add a pure polish after #80 in the pro-line I really like #81 Body Shop Professional Hand Polish but a more common pure polish seems to be #7 Show Car Glaze both can be applied via PC, yes even the 'Hand Polish'. The follow up with your choice of wax either DC#3 or NXT Generation Tech Wax or even something in the pro-line.

Do a search on MOL for above products and you will find enless info on them!
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

One more thing to look over: How to use the G-100 to remove swirls
      Brandon

Comment

Sounds good. Also what can I use to clean the paint even further after clay bar? Just some info here but this car has been washed once every 6 months. Will #80 work and will it also remove minor scratches?

Questions
        1. #80 is a cleaner/polish according to the site. As long as you guys tell me it works well Ill get it if I can find it. If I cant, what is an alternative? Also should I use this with the white pad (no cutting action) or with orange pad (light cutting)?

2. Show car glaze sounds good for a polish. Im assuming any of the pure polishes would work just as fine if I cant find the show car one? Applied via black pad (finishing pad)?

3. Im hoping I can find the hi-tech yellow wax if not Ill get the DC #3. Applied via black pad as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Mayur View Post
          Sounds good. Also what can I use to clean the paint even further after clay bar? Just some info here but this car has been washed once every 6 months. Will #80 work and will it also remove minor scratches?

Questions
          1. #80 is a cleaner/polish according to the site. As long as you guys tell me it works well Ill get it if I can find it. If I cant, what is an alternative? Also should I use this with the white pad (no cutting action) or with orange pad (light cutting)?

2. Show car glaze sounds good for a polish. Im assuming any of the pure polishes would work just as fine if I cant find the show car one? Applied via black pad (finishing pad)?

3. Im hoping I can find the hi-tech yellow wax if not Ill get the DC #3. Applied via black pad as well?
          I'm pretty sure you can find all three at your local Kragen or Autozone. If not look for a Meguiar's dealer near you. (www.meguiars.com/dealerlocator/) I suggest the Hi-Tech Yellow Wax (#26), Synthetic Sealant (#21), or the NXT Tech Wax. Use #80 with a white pad first, if you can't get out some imperfections then go with the orange pad and follow up with the white pad again. You will apply the wax and glaze with the finishing pads (black) but do not use the same pad for both the glaze and the wax.

Comment

Originally posted by Suh View Post
            I'm pretty sure you can find all three at your local Kragen or Autozone. If not look for a Meguiar's dealer near you. (www.meguiars.com/dealerlocator/) I suggest the Hi-Tech Yellow Wax (#26), Synthetic Sealant (#21), or the NXT Tech Wax. Use #80 with a white pad first, if you can't get out some imperfections then go with the orange pad and follow up with the white pad again. You will apply the wax and glaze with the finishing pads (black) but do not use the same pad for both the glaze and the wax.
            No Kragen here and Autozone here doesnt have anything. Not a single product from the proline. So far Ive only seen one store carry them. I checked on dealer locater and Ill be stopping by another local store to see prices. Hmm..alot of advice here. Ill let you guys know what I do. Another factor coming into play here is pricing. I just bought the PC so I dont want to spend extra money on things like tire dressings and all that. Also dont want to waste many pads as they cost about $10 each lol. You guys will deff see pics soon

EDIT: what about the fine-cut cleaner? #2?

Comment

I don't belive you can use #2 with a PC.. keep in mind you want to use the least agresive product to get the job done.

Here is yet another thread to help out:
              Product, Pad and Speed settings for the Porter Cable Dual Action Polisher
              Brandon

Comment

Originally posted by gb387 View Post
                I don't belive you can use #2 with a PC..
                i believe you can now as long it's the new packaging/formula (look on the back label indicating that it can be used with the dual action polisher/g100)...

Comment

Can you do #80, then #7 and top with #21? Would there be any bonding issues with 7 & 21?

Comment

yes that is a good combo i use NXT Tech Wax instead of #21 as i cant buy it down here in New Zealand
                    what clour would your car be ???
                    Have A Smurfie Day
                    Take Pride In Your Ride...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayur View Post
                      No Kragen here and Autozone here doesnt have anything. Not a single product from the proline. So far Ive only seen one store carry them. I checked on dealer locater and Ill be stopping by another local store to see prices. Hmm..alot of advice here. Ill let you guys know what I do. Another factor coming into play here is pricing. I just bought the PC so I dont want to spend extra money on things like tire dressings and all that. Also dont want to waste many pads as they cost about $10 each lol. You guys will deff see pics soon

EDIT: what about the fine-cut cleaner? #2?
                      You need to find your local PBE store to locate product in our Professional Line, here's an article that will help you to do this...

How to locate a PBE store in your hometown

As for the Lake Country cutting pad, most of the people that use this with the dual action polisher haze and scour their finish, that's why on this forum we don't recommend using this pad and instead recommend sticking with our W-8006 polishing pad or an equivalent.

In the last few months we had a number of people bring their cars to our Saturday and Wednesday night classes that have used cutting pads with the PC from recommendations from other discussion forums, they usually want to know how to remove the scouring...

Here's a real life example in the picture below, you can read more about it here,

Don't use cutting pads with a PC especially because using the right technique you can get the same job done using a polishing pad and you won't scour the paint

The top section of this photo is after using a cutting pad with a PC, the bottom half, where the paint is clear, dark and beautiful is where we re-polished the same paint scoured with the cutting pad using our W-8006 polishing pad and some M80 Speed Glaze.

So, if you decide to use a cutting pad with a PC, perhaps only try a test section first and see how it looks.
                      Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Junebug View Post
                        Can you do #80, then #7 and top with #21? Would there be any bonding issues with 7 & 21?
                        When you get some time, read through our Hot Topics forum, just about any question you have can be found in the Information Station and Hot Topics can be found in the Information Station.

Here are two related articles, while the first article mentions the wax NXT you can substitute the M21 product or any wax or paint protectant and the information and/or same principals apply.

Do Glazes/Fillers affect the bonding of NXT?

A question on wax bonding and the potential for interference by a quick detailer?
                        Mike Phillips
                        760-515-0444
                        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I did use the light cutting pad yesterday. I did all of this in order and the paint looks brand new (minus the scratches that didnt go away but quite a bit of them did)

* Wash
                          * Clay
                          * Meg's Swirl Remover - Orange Pad
                          * DC #1 - White Pad
                          * DC #2 - Black Pad
                          * DC #3 - Black Pad

I wanted to use ScratchX because there are many many many and oh boy do I mean many scratches on this car. My dad was supposed to help me but he took without even letting me know so I just skipped the process because I was running behind schedule.

Comment

Thanks Mike, but a simple yes or no would have been fine.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');