• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT Glass Cleaner Haze/Residue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT Glass Cleaner Haze/Residue

NXT Glass Cleaner Haze/Residue

First time user of this product. I have a bad haze/residue after using the product. Can not for the life of me remove it. Any advice?

Woo Hoo Sorry I just couldn't resist. Had to try one of these.

Re: NXT Glass Cleaner Haze/Residue

Hi mblangy,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

First, the glass cleaner works superb, hundreds of thousands of very happy customers will testify to this, so if you're having a problem with the product, we need to probably take a look at what you're using to apply and wipe the product off with as well as what you're working on specifically.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks for the help!

Hope this doesn't come off sarcasticly, but I spray it on and wipe it off. I use a microfibre cloth. I use the same cloths for wax pemoval without problems. The vehicle is a Toyota Sienna.

Comment

Are you applying it on a humid day? Is there a chance the surface maybe or hot a warm? If so the product may be drying too quickly.

Comment

Southern California in my garage. I wipe it off right away.

Comment

Originally posted by mblangy View Post
            Hope this doesn't come off sarcastically, but I spray it on and wipe it off. I use a microfiber cloth. I use the same cloths for wax removal without problems. The vehicle is a Toyota Sienna.
            Well that's pretty much how everyone uses it and with great results, so it must be something else. One potential problem could be the microfiber, it must be clean, if there is any residue from wiping off a wax on the cloth then this could be the cause of the problem.

Glass cleaners work by loosening and emulsifying the dirt and other films on the glass, after emulsifying or dissolving the dirt and film on the glass, the idea is to then remove this mixture of glass cleaner and contaminants from off the glass. When you run into smearing and streaking problems, the usual root cause is the wiping cloth isn't removing this mixture completely and thus you see the residue on the glass.

The glass cleaner works, that's a known fact, so we would suggest experimenting with some different wiping cloths, perhaps even paper towels to isolate the problem. Microfiber polishing cloths also vary greatly in quality, so maybe try a different brand of clean microfiber if you have that as an option.

If you continue to run into problems with our glass cleaner and you just can't get it to perform, then call Customer Care at 1-800-347-5700 and they'll take care of you.

It could also be technique as cleaning glass isn't always the easiest thing to do, especially when cleaning the inside glass. If you car is new, and the problem is on the inside then what you could be dealing with is what's called Vinyl Fog, which is basically different chemicals out-gassing off the components and materials used to make the inside of your car.

If this is the case then to cut this vinyl fog off the glass it may take a couple of well-focused cleaning steps and each time you re-spray and clean the glass switch to a new, clean microfiber so you don't keep re-introducing this vinyl fog back onto the glass.

I know for the first year we owned our new Pilot we had this vinyl fog continue to reoccur and it was a fairly stubborn film to remove and it certainly didn't wipe off and leave a clear, streak free surface with out some effort.

To help isolate which side of the glass you're having the problem, or at least a greater problem, be sure to do your final wipe on each side in different directions. For example on the inside, wipe from top to bottom, and on the outside wipe fromside to side, by doing this you'll be able to isolate which side of the glass the streaks are on.

Hope this helps...
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Southern California in my garage. I wipe it off right away.
              Well if possible, bring your car over and we'll do our best to figure out what's going on and help see you through to a solution.

We have a detailing class tomorrow that's very full, it starts at 8:00am and goes till 3:30pm, you could either attend the class or come by when it's over and we can work on it for you then also.

Tomorrow's class

And in case you didn't know, on Wednesday nights we have "Open Garage" night where you can bring your car to Meguiar's and we'll help you with whatever your car care goals are, these Wednesday night classes start at 5:00pm and go until 10:00pm

Our last Wednesday Class for the year

So being that you're in the SoCal area you have lots of options from this company...
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

The residue is on the exterior. The car is brand new and I have never put anything on the windshield.

I just tried using my shirt in a small area and was able to remove most of the residue. It feels like wax.

Comment

The residue is on the exterior. The car is brand new and I have never put anything on the windshield.

I just tried using my shirt in a small area and was able to remove most of the residue. It feels like wax.
                  Okay, now we're starting to get to the bottom of this, what you could be dealing with is some sort of adhesive residue, or the residue of some type of cleaner the dealer used to remove the adhesive from the protective plastic common to new cars when they are shipped to protect them.

You see, our glass cleaner works great, but it's not intended or formulted for removing everything under the sun, just normal cleaning. What you're running into a problem outside the normal scope of this product.

You need to find out from the dealer what they did and in so doing you might be able to find out what this contaminant on the glass is and that will help you to find the right chemical to remove it without causing problems for the glass or surrounding areas.
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

I will try to get some info from Toyota. I won't be holding my breath.

Thank you for the help.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');