• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need suggestions on how to clean my windshield after repaint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need suggestions on how to clean my windshield after repaint

I recently took my 2006 VW Passat into a local body shop to repair a small dent and scratch on my passenger side fender/front bumper.
    The shop repaired the dent and scratch and repainted the area including a portion of my front bumper.
    I'm satisfied with the repair but since picking up the car from the shop I now have another problem.
    It seems there may be some residue on my windshield that is causing objects to appear slightly blurry
    - especially lighted objects during night driving.
    I washed the windshield, both inside and out, as well as took the entire car to a car wash.
    No improvement whatsoever.
    This "blurry condition" is also confirmed by my son.
    My hood also feels a little rough to the touch.
    This problem did not exist prior to the body shop repair.

Any ideas on what this might be???
    What can I do to remove it from my windshield?
    Any recommendations on cleaners that may remove this, yet not damage the windshield glass?
    What should I use to remove it from my painted fender and hood?

Thanks.

Re: Need suggestions on how to clean my windshield after repaint

It's most likely paint overspray due to the reapair shop not properly/completly covering the car to protect it from overspray.

To remove it, you can use a product such as Meguiar's Smooth Surface Kit or Meguiar's Quik Clay which will remove the paint overspray.

Your best off using the 5-Step Paint Care Cycle to remove the overspray and then protect your car and bring back the shine.

Hope this helps and to MOL
    Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');