• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smart wax for 2006 Nissan Altima

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smart wax for 2006 Nissan Altima

I enjoy waxing cars by hand, simply using a good cloth and Im looking for advice on a top quality waxing product to use on my white Nissan Altima.

Thanks,
    Ryan

Re: Smart wax for 2006 Nissan Altima

While Nxt Wax, #21 Synthetic Sealant, Gold Class ,and #26 Hi-Tec Yellow are all top quality waxes, 90% of the looks you get will come from properly preparing the paint beforehand.

Either doing wash/clay/clean/polish and wax steps, or at least wash/clay/cleaner-wax, and wax, will give you the best looks and durability.

I like to use ColorX topped with #21 on my car, but ColorX + your favorite wax might be something to look into.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Buy a cheap rotary and use Crystal Polish and then Gold Class. Did to my Vette (black) and it looked great! $15 from Checker Auto Parts, Coleman. Just polished the hood and fender sweeps, as the car is only 4 months old and has at least four coats of GC or NXT on it. Followed up a few days later with a coat of NXT on the hood so it would have 2 coats of wax. Fantastic results! I did the NXT by hand, but used it and the rotary on both my wife's new G5 and my Grand Cherokee Larado. Love using it, as it makes the wax go on light and evenly, something hard to do by hand. I touch up tight spots by hand, of course, but I am very pleased by the results.

Comment

You mean ORBITAL, not rotary right?

You can achieve very spectacular results by hand, it just takes a lot more work and time, but you dont have to do the entire car at one time.

Follow Murr's suggestions and you will be fine. Read up on the forms about proper application techniques, and supplies and you might surprise yourself as to what you can achieve.
        2006 Jeep Wrangler X

Comment

Right, orbital as in random movements. Rotary is for pros, and I am certainly not one of them!

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');