• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wax and polishes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wax and polishes

1. Can we polish a car by hand? The people at the meguiar distributr in my country say i should use a machine 1st.

2. Can the nxt tech liquid wax remove/reduce minor scratches and swirl marks because im currently using the KIT Max Wax and my scratch and swirl marks are reduced.

3. And i'v used formula 1 gold class wax in it manages to smoothens the surface that are defected by some oil or grease but the KIT Max Wax cannot.

4. How do i remove the oily film after waxing, can quick detailer do the work?

Re: Wax and polishes

1. You can do all of the clean/polish/wax steps by hand, though a machine will give better results, and can make defect removal earlier.

2. No, Nxt Wax is not for swirl removal.

3. Not entirely sure what you mean. Claying and cleaning steps will help smooth out the paint and remove any roughness. Not sure what oil or grease you are leaving on the car after washing.

4. What oily film?
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

about the oil film, its really hard 2 explain and hard to get a picture of it, everytime after i wax when the car is in direct sunlight it looks like my wax hasnt come off but i cant wipe it away, i tried using the quick detailer which allows me to wipe it off but i have to rub it very hard wipe it away. It also happend when i used the clearcoat body scrub

whats the difference between the quick detailer with the nxt tech detailer, will it give me better gloss or just easier to wipe of.

I dont mean remove the swirl marks, i just mean hiding it to reduce it like other wax does.

Last time i sent my car to the shop for repairs but the got some oil spread over my paint. I made the paint a little bit rough, i tried to use the KIT wax but it didnt work so i tried my friends formula 1 gold class wax and it worked.

Comment

Originally posted by prelude86 View Post
        1. Can we polish a car by hand? The people at the meguiar distributr in my country say i should use a machine 1st.

Yes.

2. Can the nxt tech liquid wax remove/reduce minor scratches and swirl marks because im currently using the KIT Max Wax and my scratch and swirl marks are reduced.

Any quality wax will reduce minor swirls and scratches if it's leaving something behind on the surface, the very nature of a wax or paint protectant it to seal and coat over, thus a quality wax should fill to some degree because it's coating over the surface.

3. And i'v used formula 1 gold class wax in it manages to smoothens the surface that are defected by some oil or grease but the KIT Max Wax cannot.

4. How do i remove the oily film after waxing, can quick detailer do the work?

Try wiping slowly with a folded, premium quality microfiber polishing cloth, a lot of people wipe their car's finish like a wild man.

Hope this helps...
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by prelude86 View Post
          I dont mean remove the swirl marks, i just mean hiding it to reduce it like other wax does.
          Yes it can! Watch this video!
          You left out licking the water off. Oh, wait a minute, that's my cat, not my car. Uh, I mean my cat licks himself dry. I don't lick my cat dry. Or my car. -PC.

Comment

It sounds to me like your smearing/oily problem becuase the paint isnt being prepared very well. The Formula one might be a bit of a cleaner/wax which is helping, who knows.

I would recomend getting some ColorX, and applying it in a nice thin coat and working it in fairly well as you go. And then top it with the Meguiars Nxt or Gold Class waxes.

And as Mike said, apply thinly, and wipe off slowy, etc.

Comment

I Watched the nxt tech video, can the applicator pad be reused or cleaned?

about the microfiber towel, whats the difference with cotton towel? I never reuse my towel on always buy a new one because it gets rough after i washed it which leaves scratches when i wax off.

Whats the difference between the nxt tech liquid and spary wax, does the liquid does better because its more concentrated? Thats what the people told me

Comment

Yes, I soak my applicator pads in a little water and dish soap for a couple hours, then come back and rinse out.

Any high quality towel should be able to be re-used many times. As far as the difference, it is the types of fiber. The MF will generally be softer, and hold more of the product you are trying to remove.

Well, the people are kind of right, even if not quite the right reason. The Nxt liquid and paste waxes are meant to be the durable protection that you apply every few months. The Spray Wax is meant as a fast, after-washing touch up. It is not meant as durable protection, just kind of a regular touch-up for that fresh waxed look.

Comment

So do you mean the spray wax works like a quick detailer?

By the way can some one post me the video on how to use a quick detailer because i cant open it or just answer these questions?

The 1st cotten towel i used after i spread it it leaves a haze and i have to wipe it off using the dry portion of the towel,

the 2nd cotton towel that i used which is much softer and thicker i just spray and wipe using the same part of the towel without leaving any haze.

Comment

So do you mean the spray wax works like a quick detailer?

By the way can some one post me the video on how to use a quick detailer because i cant open it or just answer these questions?

The 1st cotten towel i used after i spread it it leaves a haze and i have to wipe it off using the dry portion of the towel,

the 2nd cotton towel that i used which is much softer and thicker i just spray and wipe using the same part of the towel without leaving any haze.

Which towels sounds better or the right way to use the quick detailer?

Comment

Well, they are kind of different products, but both can also be used after washing to enhance the shine a bit more.

The detailer type products are used to remove fingerprints, light dust, bird droppings, etc, and as I said, after washing for the shine.

The spray wax is used after washing to add a fresh waxed shine, and it will add a little protection back.

How to Get Great Results Using Meguiar's Spray Waxes

I cant help you with the video.

Well, frankly, depending on the dampness / humidity in the air, I have had to do both techniques. But the second one would be the ideal way.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');