Finally got myself a Bosch PEX400AE and decided to test it on something a little safer than my own car:
Mate of mine agreed that I could not make the paint on his car any worse. We started with a wash (Check the water cling!):
4"x4" claying. Amazingly, this half-bar is still useable after doing the entire vehicle:
Tape for hood test:
At this point we decided it was going to rain soon. The plan was to do all the machineable paint parts now, and finish aall of the edges etc at a later date.
The obligatory Hood-half:
And swirl check:
Apart from the oxidation, this SS paint was in good condition. No auto washes in its lifetime, so the paint was smooth where **** hadn't embedded itself.
Sides and roof:
The go-fast stripes were a joke. It started sprinkling soon after that pic so I didn't get the chance to get rid of them
Done! Obligatory shot with my car:
And then the real cleaning: