• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1999 Torch Red Vette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 Torch Red Vette

Hey guys,

My partner and I cleaned up his uncles 1999 Corvette for a car show. You might remember seeing his Monteray Red Corvette on this forum too. This car is normally running on the track, not a car showing vette. So we took on the challenge of making it look excellent.

Process-
    Wash w/ NXT
    No clay (we clayed it about 3 weeks prior)
    Scratch-X
    DC#2
    NXT Tech Wax

We used hi-tec applicator pads, removed with Microfibers.
    Sorry, I don't have before pictures since we did do a nice cleaning on it about 3 weeks ago, so it wasn't too dirty. Maybe if I find the before pictures from 3 weeks ago.....

And my favorite picture from this car, and one of my all time favorites...

We placed third in our class, which was thrilling to us. We were in the beginner section of the car show, which is basically everything except the engine. We figure that if we learn car show boo-boos and what the judges want when we are 14 years old, then we could be ahead of the pack later in life. All comments/suggestions welcome.

Kyle
    Happy Corvetting

1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye project car in the works...

Re: 1999 Torch Red Vette

My son is same as you,he's a good detailer like me.He just 14 years old.He always say "I love Meguiar's,Meguiar's makes me feel good Meguiar's.....blah blah blah..... etc.
    MG

Comment

Nothing like a well polished red vette!!!!
      -Bob
      NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

great job!

Comment

Originally posted by RDVT4ME View Post
          Nothing like a well polished red vette!!!!
          Or Triple Black

Comment

Looks great! Is that a bird in the reflection shot (7th photo down)?
            Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
            Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Originally posted by gb387 View Post
              Looks great! Is that a bird in the reflection shot (7th photo down)?
              Thanks everyone for the compliments! Yep, thats a seagull. One of them pooped on the car during the car show. Luckily our car had been judged already so we were able to touch the car and we immediately cleaned it off.
              Happy Corvetting

1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye project car in the works...

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');