• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 Different Sealants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Different Sealants

Are there any pluses or minuses in using 2 different sealants on a car after polishing?
    Darren F

Re: 2 Different Sealants

No, but unless you can see a difference in looks, there is no reason to.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I use Prime Acrylic and then use Acrylic Jett Trigger, which is a sealant, to help remove the Prime and to save a step. I just got a bottle of DP Sealant and really want to try it out...So I was wondering if there was any additional benefit or will it take away from the Acrylic Jett?
      Darren F

Comment

It depends on the sealant and what you're trying to do, it also helps to make sure everyone's on the same page when it comes to defining the word sealant.

A paint sealant can be anything that is used to seal or coat over and leave a film behind. Some people try to divide paint sealants into different groups using the general categories of Waxes, as in paint protectants that contain natural wax ingredients like Carnauba and Synthetic Paint Sealant, which would be paint protectant that do not contain any natural wax ingredients but instead are made using only man-made, or synthetic ingredients.

In a nutshell, Meguiar's recommends 2 applications of wax in any one detailing session for uniform coverage/protection and uniform appearance.

Here's a link that delves into this topic deeper,

What's the Deal with "Layering"?
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');